💫 1.16

Minutes left: 12

"Jaemin hurry up!" Chenle yelled at the boy who was carrying him- flying as fast as he could to make it to the one place he knew Renjun would be.

"I am!" Jaemin yelled back over the wind, hair flying every which direction as he pushed himself to his limits.

Not giving in until he had made it to the hill. Of course they had to get the letter with a little amount of time left, and on the opposite side of the moon.

{}

Minutes left: 10

"Jihyun, we don't have long left." Jeno and Jisung were sat on the girls bed, watching as the time slipped pass, every second spent enjoying her company.

Officials waited outside to take her to the compound once the 10 minutes were up- but they still had hope.

Although from her outside appearance you couldn't tell, the girl was dying inside.

Screaming to get the attention of her two best friends. Tears streamed down her face as she watched behind the prison bars of her eyes.

Almost at a complete loss, every feeling and movement she could once control, slipping between her fingers like sand in an hourglass.

10 minutes... that's all she had, that's all her soulmate had.

{}

Minutes left: 3

"I can see him! He's over there!" Chenle said, pointing towards the boy in the far distance. Jaemin wondering how Chenle could see him from that far.

"You have to go faster Jaemin."
"I am!"

Jaemin closed his eyes, pushing himself to far before his eyes rolled to the back of his head, falling unconscious in the sky at the amount of stamina he had just lost.

Chenles eyes widening as he and Jaemin started plummeting towards the ground.

The distance decreasing rapidly, Chenles body taking over him as he froze.

Eyes shut tight as he waited for the impact, but it never came. Instead when he opened his eyes, she saw a girl.

The same girl from earlier, hands stretched out as a red mist left her palms.

The same red mist encasing Jaemin and Chenle, allowing them to softly land on the ground.

"Go, I'll take care of him- oh, and thank you." She smiled sweetly, Chenle wasting no time, leaving with a quick bow and sprinting off towards the boy.

Minutes left: 1

"Im sorry Jihyun. I wish I could save you like how you saved me all those years ago."

Chenle gripped hold of the letter, running as fast as his legs could take him, Renjun becoming more and more clear as the distance between him and the hill decreased.

Seconds left: 40

"I don't think I could ever thank you enough Jihyun. You were my best friend. No one compares to you."

Chenle was basically tripping over his feet at how fast he was running. Breaths rapid as he sucked in the cold air around him.

Seconds left: 30

"Jihyun, it's mum and dad. I'm so sorry baby, I'm sorry we couldn't protect you longer.

Just like Jaemin, Chenles legs gave way, making him fall to his knees. Sweat dripping down his forehead as his heart palpitated in the most unnatural way at the amount of adrenaline pulsing through him.

Seconds left: 20

"It's me again Jihyun, It's Jeno. I wish I could hear you laugh again. It hurts that I couldn't be your soulmate, I wish I didn't have to watch you lose yourself."

Chenle pushed through his tiredness, weakly pulling himself up, stumbling a bit before regaining his balance.

Feet taking off again towards the figure.

10

"Please come back."

Chenle had made it to the base of hill.

9

"I miss you."

He was so close.

8

"I wish I could take away your pain."

Hand that was holding the letter was outstretched.

7

"Please Jihyun."

A burning feeling spread through the boys body as he pushed himself up the hill.

6

"We need you. I need you."

"Common Chenle." Determination coating his words through a clenched jaw.

5

4

3

2

"I'm sorry."

Chenle was seconds away from the boy, now at the top of the hill and racing towards him.

1

—————

Well that's a lot of tension