💫 1.47

The two walked hand in hand down the streets, having decided that ice cream was the best idea and packing up their picnic.

It was serene, a gently breeze blowing through their hair and carrying stray cherry blossoms with the wind.

The two kept a small conversation about how the moon didn't really have seasons and that the array of multi colours fascinated and inspired Renjun.

"I wish my mum could see this," Renjun spoke as he remembered how his mother would always show him photos online of the season of rebirth.

"She loves Spring. Loves the warm days and the blue skies," he said and Jihyun listened contently- loving the way Renjuns face lit up when he talked about his mum.

He must be very close with her as he spoke of her very highly, remembering all the little things about her and soon Jihyun wondered what she was like.

"She sounds like an amazing women," she said, taking a glance up to the sky to see the faint outline of the crescent moon.

All those thousands of kilometres away laid Renjuns whole life, a life Jihyun never knew about. The memories of childhood blossomed there and his friends who wandered around at this current moment.

A whole other life that stayed distant from the Earth as the two worlds began to drift.

"She is," he began, also looking up to the moon, never really realising how small it really was until he saw it as just another fragment of the Earths sky.

"She's the best. I hope you get to meet her one day. I hope you get to meet everyone! Like Jaemin and Haechan and Chenle."

Jihyun looked up to the boy and watched as his eyes sparkled as he talked about the people he held dearly to his heart.
"I'd love to hear more about them," she said, loving when he told her stories.

Renjun looked down at her with a smile, mouth opening to say something when his head shot up at the muffled sounds becoming clearer.

There were people standing in the streets with signs of the moon. Chanting filled the streets and Renjun tensed up at the worse they shouted.

"Aliens aren't welcomed! Send them back! Their powers are unnatural! Send them back! They kill innocent people! Send them back!"

The chants were loud as people protested on the streets. Jihyun could feel Renjun become nervous and shocked when his grip on her hand became tighter.

She looked up to him and the worry and nervousness in his eyes were all that she could see.

Taking the initiative, she began to drag the boy away from the scene, tearing his eyes away from the protesters and into the closest convenient store.

The loud chants dimmed down as they walked further into the store. Jihyun came to a halt and cupped Renjuns cheeks to make him look at her.

"Are you okay?" She asked and he just looked at her.

"Y-Yeah. I'm fine," he said, cleaning his throat and he tried to move away but Jihyun stopped him once more when she wrapped her arms around his waist.

"I'm sorry you had to see that," she said to him- closing her eyes as she listened to his heart beat.

"Has this happened before?" He asked, bring his arms around to hug her back.

Jihyun only sighed and nodded.
"It started about a week ago."

—————

IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING!! UNI IS LEGIT SO MUCH WORK OMFG IM SO SORRY!!!

I'll try harder!!