💫 1.21

A response- something Renjun had been holding his breath for- an answer.

The voice of his future filled his head, sending a warmth throughout his body as he stood above the rest of the moon on a hill he called his own.

His eyes sparkled, mouth open as he registered the fact that someone had answered.

"Hello?"

The voice asked again, clear confusion held in her sweet voice. It brought Renjun out of his trance, shaking his head despite no one around him.

"Hi! Sorry if I interrupted something." He said, realising that the girl could in fact be busy.

"No it's all right! I was only in Math." She responded with a melodious giggle making a smile creep onto the boys face and he sat down on the grass below him- back against the trunk of the tree.

"So... what's your name?"

"Renjun, you?" He really didn't know what to say, but neither did she. They had never done this before and it was new for the two of them.

"I'm Jihyun."

"That's a pretty name." Renjun said subconsciously, face palming when he realised what he had said. "I'm sorry if that sounded creepy."

And there it was again, her laugh. He could've sworn it was the best thing he's ever heard- embarrassed with what he had said but content in her reaction.

{}

"It's okay Renjun. It's not creepy." She said, smile beaming as she leant against one of the many lockers.

His voice was deep, but smooth like honey, and it calmed her entirely. The stress from school becoming a distant thought as she was finally talking to her soulmate.

"Wait. Why are you at school? I only got your letter today." He asked, confusion threading his voice as he went over the events of the day.

"I got my emotions back yesterday..." she said, thinking about what had happened up there. "School wanted me back as soon as possible."

"Oh... I guess I must've lost track of time." He had always been pretty good at knowing what time it was on both the earth and moon, so when he looked at his watch, it was in-fact the day after.

A silence faced both their ends, the two not really knowing what to say. They had waited so long for this moment, yet it was awkward.

Jihyun wanted to know anything and everything about Renjun, but she didn't know where to start.

"Why does this feel so awkward?" Renjun asked as Jihyun looked out the window, eyes landing on the visible moon.

"I don't know. How are we supposed to start this?" Jihyun wondered, examining the moon attentively as it laid in the sky ever so perfectly all those kilometres away.

"I'm really not sure. But we are soulmates, I guess we will figure this out together."

—————

My back hurts sooooo much! The muscle I pulled is right next to my spin and it hurts to move any which way 😔