💫 2.14

"I should not have said that..." Ten said, hands gaining a sheen of sweat on them as his eyes started avoiding hers.

"What do you mean your son? Are you Renjuns father?" She asked, the idea not clicking into her mind as fast as it should.

Ten sighed, dropping his head and responding with a simple, "yes."

Jihyuns eyes widened slightly before furrowing them with confusion.
"So you're telling me that Renjuns fathers name is Ten- like the number."

Ten stood there, blinking his eyes quizzically at the girls question.
"That's the first thing you say? Alright then... uh, yes?"

"How crazy," Jihyun said like it was the most exciting thing she could have heard.

Ten stood there, looking at her as if she was in fact an alien, "you really are my sons soulmate. Anyway Jihyun that's not why I'm here remember. You cannot let Renjun remember, because you aren't the only one who will be loosing him."

Tens expression held the same sadness that Jihyuns held, she could sympathise with his pain- loosing someone you love is one thing, but having them forget everything and then getting banished if they remember is another.

"I know," she lowered her head once again, tears threatening her eyes once more.
"It's just- hard", she sniffled out.

Ten looked down at her, his own heart breaking as the only thing he truely wanted was for his child to be happy- after all she was now his child too.

Ten stepped forward, wrapping his arms around the girls frame and pulling her into his warmth.
"I know," he whispered out into her hair, hand rubbing up and down her back soothingly.
"I know it's hard."

The tears finally escaped her eyes, rolling down her cheek as her forehead rest upon the guardians chest.

His arms held a different type of comfort, the comfort of a parent. His warmth and the steady beating of her heart broke down her walls.

All her thoughts and pent up feelings finally escaping as she was brought to lamented wail.

Her tears and cries trapped in her throat resulted in the most painful of silent cries.

Her shoulders shook as she released all her emotions upon the man.

Her knees buckling as she couldn't hold her self up anymore, her body weight becoming too much as she fell to the floor- Ten coming down with her.

He held her in his arms as she crawled up against him.

"I-it h-hurts," she whimpered out, her heart thumping against her rib cage, threatening to burst at any second.

The feelings unmatched as the flowed out of her- her tears not stopping as she finally had someone who listened, who understood, who will loose him and remember.

"I know, I know it hurts," Ten whispered out, his own tear falling down his cheek as he rested his head upon the girls.

Jihyun couldn't breath, her nose blocked and the salty tears collected at the corner of her lips.

She wanted to scream, she wanted to run away, she wanted so badly to forget.

To forget everything the two had been through, to forget that smile that adorned his face upon their first arrival.

To forget the euphoric feeling of that first connection, the one that started it all, to forget his voice, his scent, his warmth, his touch.

To forget the way his lips felt against hers, the way his arms felt around her waist, to forget the feeling of his heart beat.

The heart that held an immense amount of love for her, the heart that screamed happiness when he experienced the Earth for the first time; and it was not because it was Earth itself, it was because he was with her.

Her silent cries and gasp for air broke the guardian, the feeling of his child breaking down in his arms broke him.

His lips pulling down into a frown as a voice rings through his head.

His hands forming fists at the instructions his boss had given him.

"Jihyun, I have to go, I'm sorry," Ten said out, trying to sound as coherent as he could.

"N-no!" Jihyun stuttered out, looking up right as the guardians body disappears in a fog of white mist.

Her eyes wide as another tear escaped the prison of her eyelashes. She blinked rapidly, looking around frantically to find the guardian.

"N-no," she muttered out, her legs wearily pushing her against the closest wall, her knees brought up to her chest as she sat in the corner of the room.

The room that felt extremely big, making her feel alone. The white walls closing in on her as she was once again left with her thoughts, her memories.

"Don't go."

—————

I'm not gonna lie, I cried writing this