💫 2.22

The days seemed dull. What was once bright blue sky fell into a somber grey as Jihyun begrudgingly trudged around the seemingly dreary earth.

She had never once forgotten Renjun, thinking about him every single day since that dreaded excursion.

If only she hadn't gone, if only she faked sick or said her nonexistent grandma had died, then maybe he would still be here.

Of course everyone else forgot him, the moon guardians weren't so kind on that part- so not only was Jihyun burdened with the knowledge of two worlds falling apart, but she was also now the only person to ever know that Renjun existed.

His father was a moon guardian of course, so he remembered, but he hadn't bothered contacting Jihyun ever since his banishment.

It had been a month, and the winter season was only getting worse.

They were back at school now, their winter break passing them by in a flash, and Jihyun tried so hard to hang out with the guys.

They'd invite her everywhere, but she was never in the mood, often residing in the comfort of her bed.

She'd often be caught staring at her wall, not moving one bit as she let her thoughts consume her- like a parasite feeding on her brain until there was nothing left besides her own self pity.

"Jihyun?" She could hear Jenos voice call out, worry filling his voice made her close her eyes in a hope he thought she was sleeping.

Which apparently worked because she could hear the click of her door closing, indicating he had left.

Her eyes sprung open, staring at her wall once again until she fell asleep from exhaustion in a puddle of her own tears.

{}

It had been 2 months since he had vanished, and life was slowly starting to become normal again.

The only difference was her night terrors she had accumulated.

She'd wake up in sheen of sweat all hours of the night as her dreams tormented her.

They were never the same twice but it always resulted in Renjun or her dying.

"Hey Jihyun," a voice called out to her and she turned to face Jeno who was waving from their table.

She smiled and made her way towards the group, sending greetings to the group as she sat next to her best friend and joined in on their conversation.

It wasn't about anything meaningful, mostly just Chenle exclaiming that he thought shape shifting was the coolest super power and Jisung arguing with him saying flying is better.

If only they knew.

Noona, what's your favourite super power?" Jisung asked, eyes filled with determination as he hoped she said flying.

"I like the ability to predict the future," she began saying the next part lowly, "like Renjun."

"Like who?"

"Renjun?"

"Whose Renjun?"

Jihyun lifted her head, looking around the table to see everyone looking at her.

"Oh, just someone from a book I read,"  she wish she could tell them the truth, she wish she could tell them all the story's they had shared with him- make them remember just like she did.

{}

It was weird, the more the days went by the more their friends would recall memories, physically saying Renjuns name but when Jihyun brought it up they said they have never known a Renjun.

The same had happened today, Jeno was telling a story about how him, Jisung and Renjun had gone to the arcade one day.

"Oh my God you should've seen Renjun, he was so angry that he had lost," Jeno bursted out laughing, holding his stomach as he recalled his memory.

"Yeah Renjun had quite a temper," Jihyun laughed along, but it was like a switch flipped in Jeno as soon as she had said Renjuns name.

"Renjun? I don't know any Renjuns, it was just Jisung and I. Jihyun are you okay?" He asked, concerned for his friend but she just nodded.

She had gotten used to them forgetting right after they had mentioned him, maybe it was just another one of the moon guardians little tricks they liked to play with her.

But Jisung was confused, he never really got angry and he certainly did not remember getting angry playing a game with Jeno at the arcade.

It never made sense to him, he felt like there was something else missing from the equation.

Every time Haechan or Chenle would mentioned something they had done, Jisung was often left confused- but one thing was for certain, and that was that Jihyun kept mentioning someone non of them knew.

Renjun.