💫 1.33

As Renjun walked through the door he was greeted by the sweet smell of jasmine and ginger. A pleasant fragrance that welcome him home with open arms.

"Hey mum," he said walking into the lounge room to see his mum sat on their couch, tea cup in hand.

"Hey bear, how was school today?" She asked, beckoning him to come over and sit.

She poured him a cup of Jasmine and Ginger tea and handing it over to him. The warmth warmed his hands and the scent of the tea made him calm.

"It was good," he started, recalling the question Jihyun had asked him. "I have a question, regarding this whole me going to Earth thing... when do I go?"

His mother looks up to him as she takes a sip of her tea. "I think in a week. It's usually a week after you make that first connection."

{}

"Yeah, in a week," Renjun repeats what his mother had said to him back to Jihyun.

"That's not that far away, I thought it would've been a longer," Jihyun responded as Renjun flopped down onto his bed.

"But I mean I'm not complaining, not long now and I get to see you," a smile formed on his lips as he imagined seeing the face that belonged to the voice he was destined with.

"Yeah, I cant wait."

{}

Renjun had been in a trance, Jaemin and Haechan had kept calling his name but he didn't respond.

He was looking at his paper as his hand frantically drew along the page.

It was fast, efficient, and it scared the two. They hadn't seen the boy like this before, completely oblivious to the world other than when he was almost a nobody.

The two had arrived minutes prior to hang out with the boy, but what they were greeted with once entering his room was Renjun sitting on his floor with his notebook in hand.

He didn't blink and all he could concentrate on was the notebook in front of him.

"What is he drawing?" Haechan asked confused as he walked behind the boy to get a further look at his drawing.

"Haechan, we shouldn't be looking at his notebook, you know how angry he gets when we see his drawings." Jaemin said, watching as Hyuck waves him off.

Jaemin sighed, squatting down to look at the boy, but what he was met with shocked him.

"Omg Hyuck, look," he said, mouth agape as he looked at Renjun.

Haechan looked at him confused as he squatted next to him to look at what he was looking at.

The two had never seen anything like this: Renjuns eyes were white.

They lifted his head a little to get a better look at him but his head remained still- hand drawing away meticulously fast.

"What the fuck," Haechan whispered out in shock.

"Why are his eyes white? Renjun? Hey Renjun," Jaemin said, waving a hand in front of his face but nothing happened.

"Hey, look at what he's drawing," Haechan said making Jaemin look at his notebook.

The drawing had begun to form something they couldn't quite comprehend.

"What is it?" Jaemin asked, tilting his head to further understand.

The notebook held a portrait of a girl they had never seen before. Her eyes held the reflection of the Earth and Moon, but something was different- and they couldn't understand what.

The two worlds seemed... dead.

"I-I'm, not quite sure."