💫 1.60

Houses turned to sky scrapers as Renjun peered on through the window of the car. A full grey hue washing over the world as reality sets upon them.

"Renjun," Jihyun said making the boy turn his head towards her.

"Yeah, sunshine?"
"Nothing, I just wanted to hold your hand, one last time," she said reaching out and grabbing his hand gently.

He smiled and brought her hand up to his lips as he placed a lingering kiss onto the soft skin.

The car returned back to a sombre silence as they drove further into the city.

"It's quiet this morning," Jiyoung said and Juwon nodded.

"Yeah, it is," he said not really giving much thought on the situation considering it was 6am.

But the further they drove the more people came into view. The closer to the building, the more crowded the streets became.

"Whats happening?" Jihyun asked, curiosity mixing with nervousness as she looked out the window too see figures with angry faces all walking in one direction.

"I'm not sure sweetheart, I'm sure it's nothing," Juwon proclaimed in reassurance, but he himself was confused.

They were about 5 minutes away from the building but the situation became so bad that Juwon couldn't continue to drive no more.

He was parked in the middle of the street with bunches of angry looking people walking past him.

Juwon pressed the horn to signify that there was in fact a car on the road and that pedestrians should not be walking on said road.

But instead of them scurrying away, they all gave him death stares and some even gave him the middle finger- they were furious.

Not by there being a car on the road, but whatever they were walking to made them angry.

Renjun could feel Jihyuns hands start to get sweaty, he looked over to her and noticed her clenching jaw and worried eyes.

He gave her hand a slight squeeze to alert her and when they made eye contact he gave her a small smile.
"It'll be okay," he whispered to her and her eyes flickered between his two before she takes an unsteady breath and nods her head.

"I know," she began.
"Nothing bad is going to happen."

"Hello, yes this is Mr Lee Juwon- yes I've got Mr Huang Renjun in the car with me right now and we were on the way to the building now, but there seems to be a blockage of people in the way-" Jihyuns father began, humming in response a few times as he spoke on the phone to the receptionist.

"Yes- mhm- the roads are blocked by people- okay, yes- okay perfect, we will see you soon," he said with a thank you before hanging up.

The whole car turns to listen to him, "we are going to have to walk," he stated and a groan fell through Jihyuns mind.

Renjun laughed at her and she only gave him an annoyed expression, "I can't be assed walking."

Renjun shook his head, smiling at her antics before opening the car door.
"Common then lazy," he said waiting for her to get out so he could connect their hands again.

As the four of them started to walk closer to the building they had finally understood where the frenzy of people were heading...

To the same place they were heading- the institute of galactic affairs