💫 2.27

~One year later~

The night was dark and cold, a chilling breeze blew through the city- pinching at the skin of people who inhabited the night.

The only light available for people to see were emitted from the scarce streets lamps scattered around the quite street.

Snow falling ever so slighting made ears flush hues of red, Jack Frost nipping at their nose.

A thin layer of snow coated the ground made crunching sounds underfoot.

Puffs of smoke exhaled into the air from the warmth of Renjuns mouth as he made his way down the street- hand intertwined with Jihyuns and  jacket zipped up all the way- a simple scarf keeping his neck warm.

"Jaemin finally found his soulmate!" The girl exclaimed, jumping up and down out of excitement before pulling the boy closer to her.

"That's great news! That boy had been wishing for one even when we lived on the moon," A wide grin fell upon Renjuns lips as he peered up to the sky.

The moon was full and bright and it send a warmth through his body.

The moment Jihyun and him had walked through the door over a year ago, the world flashed with a white light and everyone's memories came back.

The government gave the option for the moon people to head back to their planet, but they refused. Instead they tried to find their families and friends they had forgotten after the explosion.

The earth people had seen their mistakes and peace fell upon the the planets.

It was calm and tranquil without the violence, and life seemed so much brighter than before.

"Oh look, there they are!" Jihyun said, pointing to a window made Renjun look up.

He was met with the familiar view of his friends inhabiting a booth. Smiles and laughter fell upon their lips as they shared warm cups of cocoa.

"Let's hurry up," Jihyun dragged Renjun through the snow, pushing through the door and into the warmth of the cafe.

"Renjun hyung!" Jisung exclaimed, "Jihyun noona!"

The two couldn't help but smile as they took off their outer layers, placing them on the hooks at the front of the cafe and making their way further into the warmth.

"Jaemin hyung won't stop pinching my cheeks," Jisung complained with a pout.

"Oh but you are just so cute," Jihyun cooed out, pinching the boys cheeks with cheekiness to which he swatted away.

"I got you two cocoa," Jeno spoke, pushing two steaming cups towards the two of them as they sat down.

"Thanks Jen," The two of them said, lifting their cups up and cheering before taking a small sip.

The warmth of the drink filled their bodies and sent pure bliss coursing through their veins.

Conversations between the group began to liven as jokes brought them into fits of laughter.

The world had finally felt complete, with the two soulmates side by side, their hands interlocked and a smile on their faces. It felt surreal.

It had taken months of pain and loss to get where they are today.

There were moments were both of them wanted to give up, to forget everything completely- but they didn't.

They started as two stars floating in a galaxy, lost and alone.

But the universe had designed their fate long before they were born.

The one from the earth, and the one from the moon had a story woven through space and time, destined together since the beginning of the creation.

And as Jihyun watched Renjun with a heart filled with adoration, she knew that she had finally found her universe. 

Out of all the stars in the cosmos, fated decided it was him- and it would always be him.

She fell in love with the man on the moon.

—————

The end-

Okay wtf, it's actually over.

Thank you all so much for joining me on this long... long journey.

I hope you all enjoyed the book ^^

Even tho I struggled like 80% of the time, I'm beyond thrilled with how it turned out.

Thank you also for 2.7k, I love you all so much, I really don't deserve you.

Thank you!!