💫 2.25

"Do you really think we can pull this off?" Jihyun whispered to Jisung as they stood behind a building down the road from the institute of galactic affairs.

"This is like a real life action film-"

"Jisung!" Jihyun whispered yelled at him and he sighed, rolling his eyes and bringing his bag around his back.

"Of course I believe you can do it, if anyone can, it's you. You got this," he reassured her, pulling out the needle and handing it over to her.

She felt queazy, looking at the needle that she despised. Her stomach churning as she examines the bright blue liquid inside.

"And this will really work?" She asked, turning the needle every which way- a hand clasped her wrist and stoped it's movement.

"Yes, you have 24 hours once you are injected with the serum," Ten announced, taking the needle off the girl and indicating for her to lift up her sleeve.

Pulling it up over her shoulder she sighs, nerves settling deep inside of her at the pit of her stomach, making her feel faint as she diverts her attention away from the needle.

"Do you remember everything?"

"Go in, get through the portal and then retrieve Renjun."

"If the guardians find out that you are on the moon they will try to stop you, you have to make it out before they realise," then explained everything to the girl in detail, warning her about everything that can happen on the moon and to not get side tracked by what's up there.

"It's going to be weird and your body is going to feel very light, but don't be frightened, that's only normal- just keep your eyes on the goal and get out as soon as possible... you ready?" Ten asked, wiping down the surface of her arm with an alcohol wipe.

Jihyun nodded, taking in a deep breath as she tries to calm herself.

"You got this noona," Jisung said, placing his hand on her other arm and smiling at her reassuringly.

"I'll count to three: 1, 2-" Ten began, pushing the needle in as soon as he said "3."

It was quick, but it stung. Her face screwed up at the sensation of the serum flowing through her body, pinching at every nerve and muscle.

The sensation made her stumble forward a little, falling into Jisungs arms and regaining her sturdiness.

"Thanks," she spoke out weakly, showing the boy a small smile before standing back up, her head feeling light as she felt the serum finally settle in her blood.

"Your timer is now on. I cant go any further," Ten said, facing the girl before bringing her into a hug.
"Good luck my child, I believe in you."

Jihyun smiled into the hug and when she pulled away, he was gone.

"You got the timer set?" Jihyun asked the boy.

"Yep," holding up his phone that showed the 24 hour clicking down, her seconds escaping her fast.
"You got this. Now you better get going, you don't have much time left."

Jihyun nodded, grabbing her bag and walking off. Stopping briefly and tilting her head to the side, "thanks Ji."

That was the last thing she said before she ran off down the dark street. Street lamps only providing just enough light for her to see as she pulled her black beanie over her face.

Getting into the building would be easy- Ten helped her on that part. But it was everything else that was going to be hard.

After she successfully unlocked the side door, the same one they entered during the protests, she made her way sneakily through the halls.

Eyes flickering everywhere just in case there was a security guard.

It was as if luck was on her side, because as soon as she thought she was in the clear the sound of a Walkie-Talkie filled the room.

"Shit," she whispered to herself, quickly hiding behind the closets desk and turning off her own flash light.

"Yeah, everything is clear," she heard the security guard speak, walking towards the desk and stopping right in front of it.

Jihyuns heart was pounding in her ears, watching as the light from their torch flicked around the room- passing by the desk a few times making her hand come to her mouth to muffle her breathing.

There was a silence that lingered in the room briefly before the heavy cladded steps of the guard fell out of ear. The clicking of the boots could no longer be heard as the figure walked away.

Jihyun sighed as she dropped her hand to her backpacks strap, tightening her grip before nodding her head and slowly standing up.

She looked both ways, making sure no one was there and running off down the hallway, quiet footsteps in order not to alarm anyone as she made her way into the room with the portal.

As she quietly closed the door, making sure no one was out there and waiting until she heard the click of the door shutting was when she could finally release the breath she didn't know she was holding.

She slowly turned around, eyes widening as the door falls into her eye line. The light from the full moon above them was shining brightly upon the door, giving it an almost silver appeal.

The gold frames and handle sparkled in the night light and it almost looked enchanting, like some sort of magic.

The glass wall luckily didn't go all the way to the top, it stood just as tall as Jeno did, which Jihyun deemed better than it reaching the roof.

She quickly slid her bag off of her shoulders and threw it over the wall, the clunk of the bag hitting the floor alerted Jihyun. She hunched down slightly out of shock as the sound vibrated through the room.

She waited a few seconds, listening to the quiet just in case someone followed her.

Once granting it safe she quickly, yet weakly, made her way over the wall.

Groans and huffs falling from the girl as she managed to get her second leg over the wall- landing on the floor with a thud.

She grabs her bag after brushing herself off and walks towards the door. Her gate way was right there, her way to Renjun was right there- it all seemed so simple.

A smile pulled at her lips as her hand reached out for the door knob. Gently turning it and pulling it open with the expectation of seeing right through to the moon was disintegrated as she was met with the wall opposite the door.

Her smile dropped, eye brows furrowing as she closes the door and opens it once more, only for the wall to still be there.

She closes it once more and walked around the door, looking at it up and down in hopes she finds an answer.

And when she opens the door once more she was still met with the plain creamy wall.

Her hand came out tears pricking at her eyes as the worst possible thought came to mind- the portal was dead.

Her hand slowly creeped towards the door, pushing its way slowly in it. But instead of seeing her hand go through the other side, she sees time fragmenting before her as ripples form around her hand, making it disappear from view.

Her eyebrows raise in shock as she continued to push her hand through that soon ended up her foot and was followed by her head.

Closing her eyes as she walks through the door, a mix of nerves, fear and excitement filled her.

Once she made it through she began to slowly open her eyes- the sight of silver trees and tall buildings came into view and her eyes widened.

She stepped further through the door, closing it behind her as she turned in her stop, examining and taking in everything.

She scoffs out a smile, "I'm here," she said in disbelief.
"I'm actually here!"

—————

1 more left :)