💫 1.29

As the two continued to talk, dusk turned to dawn and soon Jihyun could see the sun rising in the distant.

The blinding light flooded through curtains and lit up her room- a low groan came from the girl as she could start to hear the birds chirp.

"What's wrong?" Renjun asked, mentally hearing her frustrated whine.

"The sun just rose meaning I have to start getting ready for school," she said pulling her blanket up and over her head wanting to escape the reality she would soon have to face.

"Oh gosh, that means I have to go to school today too- but hey, we can still talk to each other and keep each other company," he mention and Jihyun couldn't help but smile.

Despite the two only making the first connection a little over 48 hours ago, the connection the two had felt safe and comfortable.

So when Jihyun smiled, she smiled because she hadn't felt this safe or happy since she had moved.

Don't get her wrong, Jisung and Jeno are her best friends, she loves them to death, but there's a difference between them and Renjun- she felt more complete.

Which made sense, he's her soulmate- but it was a new feeling; and Jihyun was positive more new feelings would come hand in hand with Renjun now around.

"Oh yeah I forgot to ask, do you have any superpowers?"

Renjuns question brought Jihyun out of thought as she finally got off her bed and walked to her bathroom to freshen up.

"Uh, yeah actually. I've got telekinesis," she mention as she began to brush her teeth. "Do you?"

As she awaited his answer she threw on some clothes and made her way down stairs.

"No not yet... but I'm sure it'll come eventually," Jihyun could sense sadness behind his words and she felt for the boy.

It was a known fact that everyone on the moon had powers, and almost everyone had theirs before the age on 16.

So it was unusual that Renjun didn't have his, so she sympathised with him.
"It's okay, I'm sure you'll get them soon. If I could give you mine, I would."

Renjun emitted a slight chuckle which made a smile prick at the corners of Jihyuns lips.

"Thanks sunshine. So what power does your father have then?" Jihyuns heart fluttered at the nickname, it was cute and sweet and it sent butterflies fluttering around her stomach.

She felt warm and content as she grabbed herself a piece of toast, only to forget Renjuns question completely when her father popped out of nowhere.

"Hey sweetie, what's got you so smiley? Is it your soulmate?" He asked with wiggling eye brows and all Jihyun could do was whine and push her dad away in embarrassment.

"So, is it?" He asked again, leaning back against the counter and watching his daughter with loving eyes- She smiled and nodded.

"Are you talking to your parents?"
"Yeah, my dad."
"Tell him I said hi."

—————

Just a quick chapter, sorry for taking so long 😅

Also!! I saw this on tik tok and I swear this is exactly how I imagine the earth to look like from the moon!

So idk, imagine the dude as Renjun or somethin