Chapter 1

Diana’s POV

I remember it like it was yesterday. I just had a fight with my boyfriend, my ex-boyfriend actually and he had slapped me out of frustration. I knew he was frustrated because of our relationship and the direction it was heading. He also had issues with school and his life so everything else added up. We were arguing about some crap and on the verge of his anger he delivered a slap to me.

But sadly the fight didn’t stop there. After he slapped me I told him some hurtful things which just angered him even more. He got so angry that he pinned me down to the bed and began ripping off my clothes. And right there it happened. He raped me. That is one thing I can’t quite forget so easily.

But other things happened after the rape; he dumped me near to a river probably thinking that I would die of the injuries and pain I experienced because I was bleeding a lot. But what he didn’t know was that someone saw me lying there in the bushes and being the Good Samaritan he was, took me to the hospital. I was very fortunate that he found me and that he was so kind as to help me. I was really thankful to this person and I have become friends and still is friends with him up till this day.

It has been almost a month since this incident took place and the scars on my heart are still present. But that’s not the only scars I have, I also have a few on my wrists because of all that had happened. So what’s the worst part of this? All of it; my parents died in a car accident a few weeks before that incident took place and I still haven’t quite recovered from it for something as terrible as that to happen to me again.

So my parents died in an accident and I was dumped and raped by my boyfriend, ex-boyfriend and I don’t know what I’m still doing alive. I have no one to live for and I have no life. It’s not like I can look back on the wonderful memories I had with my parents from before, I always end up crying because of their death. And I can’t remember a good memory with my ex-boyfriend so that doesn’t help. Every time I think of him I find myself crying a pool of tears and it’s like the tears can’t stop.

So back to the guy that saved me, yeah he has tried getting close to me a few times but I just pushed him away. He tried to kiss me a bunch of times but I didn’t want him to so I stopped him. He is a very nice guy but I don’t want to get close to another guy anymore. In fact I don’t think I want to get close to anyone ever again because every time I get close to someone I always lose them. They either turn on me, die or something bad happens to them. Like my best friend Maria, she got a scholarship to another country away from me. You might say that that’s good news; well it is for her but to me not really. Don’t say that I’m bad or anything but she was my best friend and who would want to be separated from their best friend…

Well I have been thinking and I don’t want to live anymore. I mean life is useless when you think about it. What do we live for? I don’t have anyone else in my life so why should I live? Whom shall I live for? And why waste an opportunity like this where you can finally get rid of yourself out of this horrible place called earth.

I’m standing on the edge of a cliff mentally preparing myself for what I’m about to do. I have nothing to live for and if I continue living I would be continually reminded of my horrible past. I don’t want to be reminded of those things so this is the only way I can think of getting rid of the memories and myself from this world. This place is too vile for an innocent person like me because I didn’t know about all the dangers of the world. I do know now but it still wouldn’t be much help for me. I’m not protected from anything and if something else happened to me I don’t know what I would do. Yes I may have survived rape, heartbreak and my parents’ death but I don't know if I can take anymore.

I put my right forward and look down at the sea below me. I hear the waves crashing up against the cliff and I feel like I’m ready to plunge myself in. I move close to the end and push myself out and soon feel as if I’m flying but then I feel someone’s strong arms on my waist pulling me back from the cliff’s edge.

A/N : What do you guys think interesting or not? Should I continue with this book? Who do you all think is the guy that helped her when she was raped? And who pulled her back from the cliff? Don’t forget to vote and comment please thanks. Xoxo ily