Chapter 12

Harry’s POV

Time sure flies when you’re having fun, or so they say. Today’s the first week of December and I have decided to take Diana out to the amusement park downtown. It’s Saturday and her exams are all finished. She has a four week vacation now and I’m happy to have her home with me. Maybe we can become closer with time. I want to show her that I genuinely care about her and that I want her to be happy. Hopefully she understands and doesn’t try to hurt or kill herself again.

“Come Harry let’s go on this ride.” She points to the big roller coaster.

“No there are too much people in line for that ride.” I make an excuse.

“C’mon let’s go on this.” I point to the bumper carts.

“That’s for kids.” She whines.

She looks so cute in her pair of blue jeans, that soft pink sweater topped with that black beanie and boots. She’s dressed for winter. It’s not quite winter yet but the weather is freakishly cold.

“Well we’re kids that are in teenage bodies then.” I walk in and get into a cart.

“Oh Harry come let’s go on one of those rides.” She pouts.

“No come in here before it starts.” I point to a cart opposite me.

She climbs in and I still see her wearing that pout on her face. I can’t help but bite my lip while looking at her. She looks like a little kid and I can’t help but smile.

“You better turn that frown upside down Princess.” I say before it starts

She glares a playful glare at me and then a smile finally emerges. She can’t stay angry at me for long. The guy starts the bumper cart and we bump into each other and other kids too. This is a lot of fun for me actually. It’s way more fun and way safer than a roller coaster.

After that we head to some stalls. First we stop at a stall called the Balloon Shooters. There are little balloons stuck to a cut out cardboard that is placed on the wall. There are little guns with tiny arrows and we are supposed to try and shoot down the balloons with the guns.

I pay my money and take the gun. There are three shots for a chance so three shots a game. I take my first try and miss. I aim this time and focus but sadly I miss again. I have one more chance so I try again. This time I concentrate and have a proper aim.

“You can do it Harry.” Diana pats me on the back.

With that I let go of the arrow and it shoots a green balloon.

“Yes!” I jump for joy.

“What do you want?” The man behind the stall asks.

There are loads of prizes. I ask Diana which one she wants and she chooses a big brown bear. He’s so big and fluffy.

“Thanks Harry.” She gives me a hug.

“Aw don’t mention it.” I hug her back.

After playing a few more stall games I end up winning about seven out of the ten games I played. I gave Diana all the prizes of course because it’s for her that I played these games.

Next we head to the carousel and then to the food stall.

“Gosh it’s so cold today.” Diana shivers.

“Come here.” I put my arm around her shoulder to warm her up a little.

“Hey let’s take a picture...to remind us of this great day.” I smile and pull out my phone.

She nods her head and smile for the camera. I turn on ‘selfie camera’ and we both hug each other and smile whilst I take the picture of us.

“You look cute.” I say looking at the picture.

“No I don’t.” Diana says while taking my phone to examine the picture clearly. Why does she have to be so damn insecure?

“Let’s order something.” I suggest pulling out my wallet.

“Yeah I want a corndog and a hotdog.” She beams while handing me back my phone.

“How many dogs do you want?” I mumble under my breath; I hope she didn’t hear that though.

“What?” She looks at me. Good she didn’t hear it.

“Nothing.” I reply with a smile.

After eating we headed to more rides; we went on so many rides that I’m feeling dizzy now from all of it.

“Harry I still wanna go on a roller coaster.” She cries.

Gosh, she hasn’t forgotten about that huh?

“Uh no there are still too many people in line, come on we’ll go there another time.” I urge her away from the big rides that she wants to go on.

“I’m not leaving until we go on a roller coaster.” She pouts.

“Okay then…well good luck in finding your way back home then.” I march out the gate.

“Harry!” She calls.

“What’s wrong Princess?” I turn back around waiting for her answer.

“Okay fine but next time we’re going on one of those things okay?” She walks up to me.

“Whatever you want, love.” And we both walk out the gate together.

I don’t know why but this feels like our first date just Diana doesn’t know it yet.

I wasnt going to update today but you guys surprised me. Instead of 285 I got 297 reads, instead of 75 I got 80 votes and instead of 160 I got 176 comments. Wow you guys are amazing!

Okay so I'm making another goal: 310 reads, 85 votes and 185 comments. Thanks and I won't update until I reach my goal. Thanks again ily xoxo