BNHA 83: PA!! Lowlife, yo' life, boy we livin' it up

"Yakuza?" Young Y/N stuck her bottom lip out, staring at the old man in confusion. "What's a yakuza?"

"Ah," Pops managed an awkward chuckle, ruffling your head to mess up your hair slightly. He began to walk, heading down the white hallway to god knows where. "I'll tell you when you're older. You're too young right now."
Y/N fumed stubbornly next to the mob leader, angry steam practically coming out of her ears. She let out a huff, stopping in her tracks to stomp her foot slightly,"No, I'm not!"
"Yes, you are."
"No, I am not!"
"Yes, wait," The older man sighed just before the conversation could turn into meaningless circles, crouching down to reach her height with a struggle. He was not one to dwaddle in useless conversations.
"Alright, Alright," He said, placing a hand on the kid's shoulder just to stop her from throwing a fit. "I don't want to deal with this conversation but it's better to let you know a bit for now so that you can hopefully trust me more. But you have to promise me, in exchange, you won't ask anymore questions and that you won't change what you view of me, alright?"

"I promise!" Y/N happily chirped, holding out her tiny pink in the form of the childish pinky promise. This made the old man sigh, hastily wrapping his own around the young ones when she began waving it in his face. Why were kids so persistent?
"The yakuza are a particular group of people that do..certain things for money...in a specific kind of way."
The H/C-child tilted her head, eyes practically urging for the man to continue,"Like what?"
"Ah," The grandpa muttered, eyes trailing to the side as he began to wonder whether he should continue or not. Deciding against the latter, he softly patted your shoulder twice with a shake of his head. "Things like gambling or, or if you know, if we're paid to do something that's not totally following the rules, we still do it."
"So you're criminals?" She asked.
"In a way yes but we're much more sophisticated mind you. We're not some hooligans out in the street to cause mischief. We dress better and majority of us are pretty respectful," Pops said, doing his best to complicate the explanation less. "At least, my kind of yakuza are. We have a very strict moral conduct here. We have morals, we do. We're polite and gentlemanly. It's just that some of us have a little tattoo here and there and we do things against the laws from time to time."
The young girl paused to think, narrowing her eyes in thought. This very action made Pops quite nervous, what was he going to do with the child if she decides to go against him? He can't kill a kid. But he can't let her rat him out either.
"Y/N, Do you understand now? Do you think we're bad people? Have you changed your mind about me?"

"It's okay, I understand a bit. I'm trying to think of it in a way that you're kinda like a public service to the people," Y/N so much as easily shrugged. "I can live with that. Some people need to earn a living, some people need money. That's okay-ish."
"A-Are you sure? You don't feel uncomfortable or you don't wanna leave?"
"No," Y/N shook her head, hair moving with every little bit of movement. She turned on her feel, small back facing Pops as she began to fumble with her fingers. "I'd rather stay here than go back home. Just don't let me see the nasty stuff and I think I'll be alright."

A smile broke out onto the old man's face, nodding his head in what Y/N could assume was acknowledgement and surprise. He patted her head eagerly, standing back up to his full height.

"Easily done. You sure are something, kiddo."
"Thank you!"

...

|| The Next Episode by Dr.Dre and Snoop Dog pfft hehee😁||
Finally a past!! i was reading some of the comments and I suddenly remembered there were pasts chapters so i was like shoot!!

Anyways here ya go, a speed write chapter thing uh..enjoy ?