BNHA49:PR!! Here comes a thought, that might alarm you

I'm alive

You stared at Todoroki with a surprised expression, the unexpecting question hitting you hard on the face.

"It's alright if you don't answer," Todoroki comforted and you shook your head, looking down at your hands that lay limp on your pillow.
"No..I just didn't expect that. Nobody has really asked me why I wanted to become a hero."
Todoroki's mouth opened to form a small 'O' shape, sucking in an air of breath, "So why do you want to become a hero then?"

"Well," You gulped, familiar feelings rushing in your chest. "I haven't told anyone but when I was a young child, my cousin and I were really close. She was like my sister and I would do anything for her. Everything changed though when she was kidnapped right before my eyes. I couldn't do anything, I couldn't activate my quirk, I couldn't lay a single scratch on that guy and..I've never felt weaker. I felt like a useless person with a great quirk. I know I was still young but I knew I could've done better. I guess that's when I realized I wanted to be a hero. I still hate myself over the fact that my cousin never returned and that I practically broke my auntie. She started hating me and I could understand why. I mean I didn't even scream for help and maybe if I did, my cousin would've still been with me. Whenever I look back at those memories, it just fuels me up because I know bad people like the one who took Mimi are still running around and I want to be the one to stop them."

"I'm really sorry, N/N," The two toned male apologized, placing a hand atop your arm. "I'm sorry you had to share that. I don't mean to pry at all."
"That's alright, Shoto," Giving him a closed eyed smile, you pinched at his cheeks. "Besides, wouldn't it be really cool if my face was on a giant TV? To be known and to be finally appreciated by people? Or (Reason why you want to become a hero)"

"I guess so," He replied with, giving your idea a quick thought. "May I share something as well? Just to be fair with you sharing a bit of your backstory."
"Sure! Go ahead!"

"You're the first person to ever hear this and I trust you," Todoroki mentioned, looking at you dead in the eye. "Remember what Stain said that night? About my siblings?"
You nodded your head, urging him to continue with his story.
"Well, what he said was true. I have three other siblings, all older than me. Two brothers and one sister. The second to the oldest one and my sister, they're fine, they come home from time to time but the oldest one out of all us..well, when I was ten, he ran away. We don't know where he went and we're not sure why he ran away but my best guess is because of my father. Natsuo, my other brother, wouldn't tell me the full story but I know my father can be a bit of harsh and insensitive towards and I can see why my brother would."

"I'm sorry Shouto," Placing a hand on his shoulder just as he finished, you wrapped him into a hug, knowing the pain of losing a sibling. Seconds later, you pulled away much to his dismay.
"It's alright, I've made my peace with it," Todoroki insisted and you gave him a closed smile. "Anyways, I think I should head out now. You should rest. I'll see you in school."

Standing up from his seat, he bid you his final goodbyes with a bow. You lifted your hand up to wave him a farewell.
"Bye Shoto! Take care!"
"You too," He said, giving you one last charming smile before heading out the door.

"So who's the lucky boy?" A new voice spoke up from the doorway and your eyes went to the familiar female that walked through the doorway, dressed in a simple tee and jeans that hugged her frame.
"What're you doing here?" You asked, clearly avoiding the question which made Yui's brow arch high.
"I was waiting outside. Edgeshot told me not to come but just like you, I disobeyed his order."

Your face immediately flushed and you averted your gaze downwards, expecting another lecture from another hero. You sighed inwardly.

"Not too worry, I'm not mad. I'm more of delighted? proud? mm..both," Yui laughed, giving you a simple shrug of her shoulders. "I mean, I wouldn't say that I was a goody two shoes back then. I've caused a lot of trouble when I was a kid like you so I don't mind. Society in the future is in good hands."

She reached into the back pocket of her jeans and pulled out a small pouch. Tossing it to your direction, you caught it easily with both your hands.

"What's this?" You asked, eyeing the black pouch now in your hands.
"It's tracking devices. The size of chips actually. They're pretty small. It might come in handy one day so keep it and hide it from anyone."
"How does it work?"

Yui shifted her weight onto one leg, throwing her hair back, "Inside the pouch is a small device, probably like a cellular phone, called a reciever. Once a tracker is lodged onto something or someone, the Reciever will pick up its signal and send out a location."

"That's pretty cool," You hummed, giving the female an appreciative arch of your brows with your lips puckered out. "Thank you."
"Don't mention it," She said. "Like seriously, don't mention it to Edgeshot. The only reason why I'm giving you one of my gadgets is because I like you and I'm pretty sure with the stuff you deal with, you're gonna need it."

Letting out a laugh, you placed the tracking devices aside and smiled at the older woman, who smiled back at you.

"Best I be going now, Y/N. You have a lot of good friends around you but I'm curious, whatsup with you and that good-looking boy? Is he your..you know? If he is, well..you scored a big one!"

Your face turned red at her words, knowing who she was talking about. Fumbling with an explanation, you exclaimed aloud, "W-What? Shoto? What? N-no! We're just friends! Good friends!"
"Really?" Yui puckered her lips out, glancing out the door where she last saw the particular classmate of yours. "I'm not so sure he sees you as a friend, dear."

The red on your cheeks erupted into a deeper shade, covering your whole face and reaching your ears. Your heart thundered in your chest at the thought of him and you getting together.

Seeing you unable to speak any longer, Yui grinned, "Just teasing, sweetie. I think I'll take my leave before your head exploded. I'm praying you'll be dismissed today."

Thanking her again, you watched her walk out the door with a wave of her fingers, the blush still refusing to die down. You couldn't stop thinking about him and about what Yui said. He was just a friend to you, isn't he? That's it. Just a friend..but the thought of the two of you going on a date made you feel all tingly in your chest and you were sure the hues on your cheeks set up into a flame once again. You tried to disperse your thoughts. You were sure you weren't ready for a relationship and Todoroki was probably too busy to even think about having one. Becoming a pro hero was your number one priority anyways. Besides, Todoroki would never see you in that kinda way. He saw you as a friend, he wouldn't like you, you were sure of it.

If only you knew how head over the heels he was for you...

||Here comes a thought by ?Steven Universe||
Hi
Like
Comment
&
Share!!