67

Jimin sits down in Econ the next day and lets out a shakey sigh. The girl next to him notices and frowns. "You sound upset. Did you not do the homework? If not, you can copy mine."

"We had homework?"

"Yeah. I think I picked up an extra copy by accident. Just copy mine really fast."

While Jimin is filling out the worksheet, she frowns again. "If the homework wasn't the reason you were upset, then what was?"

"I just... I don't really like our new teacher that much."

"Me neither. He seems like a total creep. Probably preys on kids or something."

Jimin tenses up and she sees. "You said you were friends with his daughter when you were younger, right?"

Jimin nods softly and she rests her hand on his forearm. "I... think I understand why you don't like him... Are my assumptions correct?"

"Depends..."

She leans in to his ear. "You don't need to tell me, but in guessing he did something to you when you were younger so you're scared of him and being this close to him makes you feel vulnerable and powerless."

Jimin pauses and then nods. She grabs his hand. "I'll kick him in the balls if he walks near you during class."

"Thanks... What's your name? I don't think I ever asked."

"My name's Emilia."

"I'm Jimin."

"I know. You do realize you're popular, right?"

Jimin giggles. "Sometimes I forget who my boyfriend is..."

Mr. Frauland walks in but Jimin doesn't react. He's too distracted talking to Emilia, but she notices. When he starts walking over, Emilia ushes her chair back just enough so she's in his way.

When he's within earshot, she says, "Isn't Jungkook a really protective boyfriend? I mean, he's so strong and he seems to really love you alot."

"Yeah. I guess–"

"Didn't he almost beat a guy up for talking to you?" She motions secretly to show Jimin that she's trying to help him intimidate the teacher.

Jimin catches her drift. "Yeah. The guy tried to grab my ass and I was holding Kook back. Someone almost called the cops because they thought he was a threat to public safety."

Mr. Frauland turns around and walks away. Emilia nudges Jimin and they giggle.

-