43

Jimin ends up Ubering home. He texts Jungkook and tells him that he was just feeling really tired.

He scrolls through Instagram until 2am. His phone starts buzzing.

Incoming FaceTime call from Tae...
Accept | Decline

Jimin props his phone up against the headboard and sits in front of it before the call connects.

Tae looks at Jimin with concern etched in his face. "Hey, you okay?"

Jimin tenses up and looks away from his phone. "Yeah. I'm fine."

"You ran out. What was that all about?"

"I'm not obligated to tell you, Tae..."

"I'm worried for you. You aren't acting like yourself."

Jimin scoffs. "Well then you obviously don't know me. I'm an introvert. When people pressure me to tell my secrets, I freak out and leave."

"Why can't you tell me?"

"Because I don't trust you. At all."

"Why not?"

"Because you're you. You're the king of manipulation so there's no reason for me to trust you..."

"I'm a completely different person than who I was a year ago. You're my friend and I'm worried. What happened to you?"

"I already said I didn't want to tell you so stop trying to pressure me into doing it."

"We're friends. You can trust me."

"I know exactly what'll happen if I tell you. You'll try to hook up with me again, I'll say no, and you'll tell everyone my secret as some sort of revenge. I don't want that to happen."

"I wouldn't do that because I don't want to hook up with you anymore."

"Then why do you always try to talk to me alone?"

"Because I don't want anyone interrupting us. Why do you hate talking to me?"

"Because the last time I talked to you alone, I wanted to kill myself because of you."

Tae stares at the camera.

"When I see you, I feel sad again and I'm happy now so I avoid you because I don't like being sad."

"Then let go of the past."

"I can't! You think I haven't fucking tried that?! I don't even know why I'm talking to you right now."

"Tell me what happened. Just tell me."

"You're being pushy."

"I'm being pushy because I care about you."

"If you care about me, the stop fucking asking." He hangs up.

call ended.

-