54

Jungkook hears a knock on his front door so he goes to investigate. When he opens it, he sighs. "Tae..."

"We need to talk in person. I don't think shutting me out is a good idea. Every time you push me away, Jimin has a breakdown."

Jungkook scoffs. "Are you seriously trying to tell me that Jimin needs you or some shit?"

"As a friend, yes. Let me talk to him. I just want to give him a hug and make sure he's okay."

Jungkook thinks it over. "If he gets mad, it's your fault." He lets Tae inside. "He's in my room."

"Can I talk to him alone?... Please?"

Jungkook crosses his arms. "Why?"

"Because I need to talk to him alone."

"He'll have a panic attack if you walk into the room without me."

"Well, maybe he needs to face his fears. There's nothing to worry about. I know you're really protective of him, but it's time that he grows up."

"Be careful. If you say anything insensitive, I'll beat your fucking ass."

"How about you sit outside the door? Listen to our conversation. I give you complete permission to do that."

"Okay. I will."

-

Jimin looks up when the door opens and his eyes grow wide. "What are you doing here? Go away."

"No. We need to talk."

"I don't want to talk to you."

"Jimin... I'm your friend. I don't want to do anything but help you. Come here..."

Jimin stands up and walks over slowly, arms crossed. Taehyung grins bitterly. "How do I gain your trust back? I want you to be happy, but I don't want you to cut me out of your life. I know it's selfish..."

"I don't know..."

"I know your past trauma has something to do with it... Am I wrong by saying that?"

Jimin shakes his head softly.

"Jimin, I would never do something like that to you. If I had known how you were feeling on the inside when we were hooking up, I would've called it off. I never intended to make you feel this way."

Jimin listens quietly.

"Knowing that you can't forgive me hurts. I really want to be your friend, but you aren't giving me the chance."

Jimin tears up. "It's a bit complicated... there's stuff that I haven't told you or Kook."

"Tell me..."

Jimin wipes his tears away. "The reason the whole situation fucked me up so much is because... I had a huge crush on you freshman year. The more we went be˙ind Kook's back, the more I felt like a total idiot for letting my past emotions influence my actions."

"Jimin..."

"I'm not done. You could sleep with anyone you want and you had a track record of breaking everyone's heart so the fact that I had a lapse of judgment severe enough to make me sleep with you... It made me mentally snap."

"What do you want me to say to you?"

"Nothing..." A few tears fall down his face and Taehyung pulls him into a hug. 

Jimin wraps his arms around Tae's torso loosely. "We can be friends... I might be a bit sensitive at first, but we can be friends nonetheless."

-