50

On the way to Jungkook's house, Jimin has a silent mental breakdown. The conversation between Jungkook and Tae wasn't eft Jimin's mind. He wants to trust Tae, but that makes him vulnerable and Jimin doesn't want to be vulnerable around him.

He lets the tears fall down his face without making a sound. Jungkook turns the radio on, completely oblivious to Jimin's state due to how dark it is outside. He turns to the pop station. "Is this song okay?"

Jimin clears his throat slightly. "Yeah." He curses in his head because the word sounded unsteady. Jungkook looks over and sees the reflection of a tear. "Wait... What's wrong?"

Jimin crosses his arms and shakes his head. "It's nothing."

Jungkook looks around and pulls into the closest parking lot. He turns on the light in the car and sees just how red Jimin's eyes are. "Baby..."

Jimin wipes his cheeks. "It's not anything important. I think I'm just being a bit sensitive..."

Jungkook gives him a kiss. "Tell me about it. I don't care if it's stupid. I want to know what's making you cry. I might be able to help."

"I want to trust Tae again, but I'm scared that if I do that, he'll try and  do something. I have a hard time saying no to people who I'm close too, especially when they've been manipulative in the past. I feel trapped, Kook. He has me trapped."

"What do you mean by 'trapped'? I'm not saying you're wrong or insane, I'm just curious."

"I feel like I need to forgive him and be his friend again but my heart is telling me to cut him off once and for all. He has me trapped because I can't cut him off. He's in the friend group so it would make things complicated."

"He's a changed person. During the movie when you left to go to the bathroom, he asked me if I was okay with him going at the same time as you. He didn't go because I told him it would make you feel uncomfortable. He really does just want to be your friend."

"I know that's most likely the case, but I can't do it. I can't. I short circuit every time I'm in the same room as him. My brain tells me to either find you or isolate myself. I feel so helpless..."

"I told him to not push you. He should back off a bit."

Jimin starts crying harder. "I don't know why he still has this power over me. I'm sorry..."

Jungkook fixes Jimin's hair and kisses his forehead. "You don't need to apologize."

-