Chapter 3

"RUN!" I shout as I hear the crack and scream of Filch. Georgie and Freddie sprint fast around me from behind as we three crash around a corner, right into Professor Snape.

As I catch my bearings, Filch runs up, covered in powder, mollassas, and feathers, stuttering about unruley children. I am the first on my feet, "Professor, the Weasley's and I were just walking pass Filch's office when we heard an explosion and had to run! We didn't know what was happening! We just had to go." The Twin's get up brushing themselves off and nod, hoping that my quick wit will help them out, and the fact Snape likes me for my excellent potion making.

"Sir, it was they, the red heads and that girl! They did this!"

"Mr. Filch, do you have proof," Snape said slyly, side eyeing me and the Twins who were anxiously looking around.

Filch stutters, "Well, no, but they were the only ones around."

Snape turns to us, "50 points from Gryffindor, and you three will be responsible for cleaning the entiretity of Mr. Filch's office. Do you understand?"

"Yes sir," we all say at once, surpressing a groan at not being able to get away with our prank.

***

"That took bloody forever," Fred groans as we three make our way to the Great Hall for dinner.

"Your telling me," I say rubbing my shoulder and stretching, George doing the same.

At the table, Charlie shakes his head at me, knowing he is disappointed once again with my antics with the Twins.

Suddenly, a red letter dropped down in front of George, me, and Fred. I've never seen it before, it starts to squirm and rips open, forming a mouth.

"FRED AND GEORGE WEASLEY! Y/N Y/LN! HOW DARE YOU RUIN MR. FILCH'S OFFICE! YOU THREE ARE SECOND YEARS AND SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN THAT! I HAD TO TELL MISS BECCA THAT MY SONS ARE BEING A BAD INFLUENCE STILL ON HER DAUGHTER! YOU THREE ARE IN BIG TROUBLE COME SUMMER TIME. AND NOT A TOE OUT OF LINE FROM ANY OF YOU!" And then it ripped to shreds.

I hang my head in shame. I hated getting into trouble, even though I was use to getting reprimanded by my parents, Miss Molly was a different story. It was because she was alot more easy going than my mum and dad. The Twins are laughing, they feel it has been a successful end of the year prank. I smack them both in the back of the head and get up to sit next to Charlie, feeling my hair turn a dark shade of blue.

"Oof what whas that for?" George squeals, until he notices I left them. "What the hell is her problem Freddie, she loves pranks just as much as us." He stares over at his older brother talking affectionately at his best friend. He notices me scooting as close as I can to Charlie, my knees touching, and he can feel himself grow hot.

Fred smirks, sensing the uneasiness growing in his twin brother, "Georgie, ole boy, I can see smoke coming out of your ears. And she's only upset because Mum told us off, you know she hates when Mum is cross with her. And a howler is something she isn't use too."

George nods, knowing his twin is right, "But why does she have to like Charlie?"

Fred laughs smacking his brother on the back, "He's older and chisled, what's not to love? But it's his last year and then he's moving to Romania for that dragon apprenticship.  Just let her have her fun before he leaves."

***

Charlie's going away party was two weeks after my second summer from Hogwarts started, and I was determined to tell him how I feel. I was 13 now. I could do it. And so what if he rejected me? I am tough. I put on a pair of ripped shorts, and my favorite muggle band tee with red converse. I change my hair to a scarlet red, Charlie's favorite color. After throwing on a little mascara, I prance my way up to the Burrow to confront Charlie.

*

George looks at me begrudgingly, "You have got to be kidding me Y/n. Charlie is 17, he is not going to be happy or take it kindly that a 13 year old is fond of him."

I glare at my best friend, he is just being a jerk since I told him and Freddie my plan, "Georgie, if you don't like it then you can just go away."

"Exactly George, let her make a fool out of herself alone!" Fred cackles as I push him.

I storm away from my so called best friends, and march right up to Charlie Weasley. "Hey Char, can we talk? Alone?" Charlie excuses himself from his friends and we both walk to the willow, that we have all grown to love as it houses many memories of racing to the top.

Charlie turns towards me, "Did you do your hair like that just for me? It's my favorite! What's on your mind Little One?"

I wince at his choice of words, but I know I have to confess my feelings before he leaves. I take a big breath in and look up at the tall Weasley, "I'veLovedYouForALongTimeAndJustNeedToTellYouBeforeYouAreGone!" It all comes out as one word as I look down and twist at my fingers.

The deep sound of Charlie's laugh hits my ears, as I feel myself blush. He pulls me into a bear hug, the ones I have loved for so long, smelling his fiery cologne. He sits me down and bends down so he looks me right in the eyes, "Listen Y/n, I've known that for a long time as well. Unfortunatly, I am way too old for you, on the point where if anything did occur with us, we would both be in big trouble. Also you are like my second little sister, actually first since Ginny was around after you, but my point is: I'm not the Weasley for you. But you are a smart, bright witch, and I promise there is someone else close that loves you more than I could."

I look down at my feet, I can feel my hair turn blue, as it often does when I am sad. I know Charlie means well, and it is for the best, but it doesn't make the heart ache any less. I look up into his hazel eyes, tears threatening at my own. He hugs me again and places a short, sweet peck on my forehead, "Come on Little One, I'm sure the Twins will want to spend more time with you." I nod as we both head back up to the party.

I walk right pass the Twins and head down to my house, because I just need to be alone.

*

An hour later, I hear knocking on my window, looking out I see two red heads floating.

"What in bloody hell are you nimrods doing? You know you blokes can just use the front door"

"Georgie here got in a tussle with Charlie over your honor." Fred replied as they dismounted their broom onto my roof.

They climb into the window and sit on the floor. I sit in between them, defeated, "You both were right. Charlie wasn't very excited over my confession."

George snakes an arm around my shoulders as I lay my head on his chest and start to softly cry, "He's an idiot Y/n."

"A bloody fool," Fred replies as he rubs my back.

I sniffle, "Thanks guys, anyway what do I need him for when I have the two best Weasley's by my sides at all times."

I stay there until I drift off to sleep in George's arms, all three of us sleeping on the floor, because that is what friends do. They are there for each other, forever.