OUT OF THE FRYING PAN, INTO THE INFERNO

...

WALKING through town for their morning coffee at The Brew where they planned to meet Emily who had gotten a package from Lyndon James' family, stuff of Emily's he'd stolen from Maya who had them boxed up ready to give back to her after she found them in Ali's old room.

"Still recovering?" Hanna glanced Spencer who had been spacing out and quiet the entire time and expanded when the Hasting's girl sent a look of confusion "From the anniversary dinner."

"Yeah." She cleared her throat "Yeah."

Haley smiled "Was he surprised?"

"Mm-hmm." She hummed tightly "It was a really big surprise."

"Where were you last night?" Aria questioned Hanna curiously "Were you with Caleb?"

Hanna sighed and Haley rubbed her pat sympathetically already knowing her woes after reassuring her all night "No, he's being really weird. Every time I try to make plans with him, he says he's busy, but he won't tell me what he's doing."

"Why don't you just ask him?" Aria raised an eyebrow "Be honest."

"Wow." Hanna deadpanned "It's like the world's fattest man giving dieting tips. Hello! You're the one who's sitting on a secret the size of the 'Natterhorn'!"

Aria scoffed "Okay, if you're talking about Fitz and the kid, I'm gonna tell him today. And the goal was never to keep it from him. I-I'd wake up every morning with the intention of telling him, and then I'd go to sleep every night feeling guilty that I didn't."

The blonde shrugged "At least you have your afternoons free."

"Nice bit of support, Hanna." Aria rolled her eyes "Oh, and by the way, it's 'Matterhorn.' Muh."

Haley looked to Spencer in amusement "Aren't you the one that's supposed to be correcting her?"

Spencer blinked and turned to her "What?"

Haley's eyebrow's furrowed in concern "Hey, what's wrong with you?"

"Uh, nothing." Spencer put on a smile "We didn't really get much of an anniversary 'cause Toby had to get up early for work the next day."

"That sucks." Hanna poured.

"Yeah, it does." Spencer cleared her throat "Listen, um, I'm gonna skip the brew today 'cause I have a lot of reading to catch up on, for English, so I'll catch you guys at lunch."