LOVE SHACK, BABY

...

AFTER Hanna's admission which left the girls reeling in both anger and surprise, Spencer flicked through Alison's journal with a frown "I don't understand. I-I don't recognize any of these names."

"Because she changed them." Hanna sighed "She was changing stories, too. You just have to know the real stories in order to recognize the fake ones.

"Sounds like Ali." Emily muttered "The truth bored her."

Spencer raised an eyebrow "So it's like creative non-fiction with pseudonyms?"

Hanna shrugged "I don't know what that means, but sure."

"Hanna, I can't believe that you held onto this since Ravenswood." Aria admitted with a sigh.

"We knew that Ali had journals." Haley continued, eyes narrowing at her sister "What's so bad about this one?"

Hanna sighed "Because the stories in there, they're... they're personal."

"Personal about Ali?"

"About Ali and us." The blonde frowned, meeting her sister's gaze "There are things in there that we may not know about each other, and things from the past that we want to forget.

Emily lofted an eyebrow in challenge "So you thought you should get to read it, and we don't?"

"Look I just didn't see the point of bringing all that up again." Hanna defended "We're supposed to be focused on finding Ali."

"That's not your call to make." Spencer argued.

The blonde groaned 'I know. I made a mistake!"

Emily scoffed "And it took you 'till now to realize that?"

"Em, I said I was sorry!"

"Did you?"

Aria's eyes widened as she stepped between them "Okay! Guys... All right. The most important thing is that we have this now."

Haley sighed and turned to her sister "Hanna, you said that there are stories in here about Ali. What about 'Board Shorts' or someone else who might have been after her?"

"There might be." Hanna shook her head "I don't know. I just couldn't put all the pieces together on my own."

"So this is what we do." Emily began "We each take turns, we'll weed out the stories about us and see what's left over."