SHADOW PLAY

...

BEING in school on a Saturday was something Haley had nightmares about, but no dream had ever lead her to the halls of Rosewood High for the reason she was: To snoop around Ezra Fitz' classroom.

Emily sighed as she hung up the phone "Aria still isn't answering."

"What are you gonna say if we get her?" Hanna questioned "'Isn't it funny how your old boyfriend turned out to be a stalking whackjob?'"

"Well I'd like to know a lot more before we talk to her." Haley sighed, stomach churning of the thought of having to tell one of her best friends that the love of life was out to get them their entire relationship.

"Haley, keep watch." Spencer instructed "Em, you take that side of the desk, Hanna, you take the file cabinet."

Emily glanced to her but did as told, hunkering down in front of the desk drawers "What are we looking for?"

"Evidence." Spencer answered "We're gonna need a lot more if we're going to prove to Aria that Ezra's... Not who he says he is."

"That he's 'A'."

Hanna rolled her eyes "How are we going to convince Aria if we can't even say it out loud?"

Haley glanced from the hallway to her sister "I don't want to say it loud."

A silence followed Haley's words before they resumed their search and Hanna sighed as she pulled out drawer only to find it filled with gifted mugs "If I was a teacher and my students only got me coffee mugs, I would so start flunking people."

Haley scoffed jokingly "If you were the teacher they'd already be flunking."

"Hey!" Hanna protested, sticking out her tongue "At least I'd be the hot teacher they'd all have a crush on."

"Guys..."

The three turned their attention to Spencer who pulled an all too familiar blue journal from an envelope stuffed inside Ezra's desk and Emily's voice shook as she spoke "Tell me that's not what it looks like."

Haley folded her arms across her chest as she swallowed thickly "Ali's journal."

"Come on." Spencer muttered, heading for the door.

Emily frowned "So that was Ezra at the cabin?"

"We always knew there were two of them."