THE JENNA THING

...

THE Apple Rose Grille was the best restaurant in town and the go-to spot for every teenager wanting a good cup of coffee, so that was where the girls heads after Alison's funeral, each trying to digest everything that was happening. Haley didn't lift her gaze from the table as she nursed her cup of coffee "So, shall we talk about the blind elephant in the room?"

Aria shot the girl a look from the top of the table before sighing reluctantly in agreement "Why was Jenna there?"

Spencer fiddled with the rim of her coffee cup from her spot across from Haley "I guess she's back."

Hanna looked between them "That cop acted like we were suspects or something."

Emily frowned, playing with the bracelet around her wrist "Do you think we looked guilty?"

"Why would we?" Aria retorted "We haven't done anything wrong."

Hanna raised an eyebrow "Except lie about the Jenna thing."

"We promised we'd never bring up the Jenna thing again, remember?" Spencer hissed "It never happened."

"Except it did, Spence." Haley sighed "Just because Alison said it didn't, doesn't make it true."

"Haley's right." Aria agreed "I mean, have you found a way to forget? I still wake up sometimes in the middle of the night."

Spencer sighed "Aria, it was an accident."

Haley raised an eyebrow as watched Hanna pour from her flask into her soda but her sister wasn't the only one to notice as a man stared for, another table "It's medicinal." The blonde smiled tightly "Cramps!"

"I don't get it." Emily sighed "How does 'A' know something about me that only Alison knew?"

Aria shrugged "Ali knew all of our secrets, but...we never knew any of hers."

"I knew some." Spencer admitted.

Haley raised an eyebrow "Go on."

"Talk." Hanna demanded.

Spencer shook her head "I can't."

"Spence!" Aria frowned "No, you are not gonna drop a bomb like that and just clam up!"

Spencer sighed "She'd so kill me if I told you."