GRAVE NEW WORLD

...

IN order to look the part and fit in, the girls had stuffed themselves into Edwardian costumes, including Haley who was dressed head to toe in flaming red. Cropped puff sleeves sewn onto a tulle lined sweetheart neckline, cinched tightly at the waist with a ribbed corset before flowing into a skirt intricately woven with sequins and lace. Her feet were squished into lace up, kitten heeled boots to match and to top it all off, a bonnet hat complete with black feathers.

Haley adjusted the heavy hat on top of her pinned up hair as the girls stood outside the cemetery gates "What kind of town throws a party in a graveyard?"

Spencer sighed "Must be to honor their dead."

"Yeah, they can't do that without walking all over them?" Aria questioned with a dubious frown.

Emily looked between them "Guys, what if we see 'A' before we find Alison?"

Spencer shrugged "There's five of us, there's only one of him."

"Um, yeah, but that him might be carrying a weapon." Aria pointed out "All we've got are these 20-pound hats."

"Well, I can't run from the enemy." Hanna declared, frowning as she wiggled her waist "This girdle is cutting off my air supply."

Spencer looked to her "It's a corset."

"It's torture." Hanna shot back "People actually wore this crap? I'm never complaining again about a sports bra."

"Wait." Emily suddenly called as they stepped inside the gate "I can't do this."

Spencer stepped towards her "We have to get to Alison before 'A' does. We can't back off."

"It's not 'A' that I'm scared of." She admitted "I don't know if I'm ready to see Alison."

"Em, we already have." Haley reminded her softly before holding out her hand "Come on."

Emily sighed but took the girls hand as they walked through the cemetery and Hanna couldn't help but notice just how old some of the headstones were "Man, people have been croaking in this town a long time."

"It happens." Spencer mumbled.

Aria suddenly let out a gasp and grabbed onto the Hasting's girls arm "What are those? Are those fingers?"

Spencer followed her eyeline to see five gray mounds poking out from the first of a grave and rolled her eyes "They're mushrooms. Aria, get a grip."