A D"A"NGEROUS G"A"ME

...

HALEY and the girls had split up, searching for Spencer around town when Melissa confirmed their worst fear. Spencer was missing. But whilst her attempts thus far at the book store, coffee shop and Toby's apartment had been a bust, she had one more venture.

Wren was shocked as he watched the Marin girl approach him in the halls of Rosewood Memorial "Haley... I- what are you doing here? I didn't think you'd want to see me again."

"I don't." she was blunt "But this is important. Have you seen Spencer?" when he shook his head immediately she stopped him "Look, this isn't some jealous ex campaign, I don't care if you've been with her. I just need to know because no one else has."

Wren frowned "Spencer's missing?"

"Melissa's already called the cops."

"I swear, I haven't seen her since that day in The Brew, since you walked out." Haley sighed in defeat but nodded and turned to leave only to pause as Wren gripped her arm gently "I never wanted to hurt you Haley, I really did like you. I'm sorry."

Haley swallowed, gently prying her arm away from "Yeah, me too."

The Marin girl shook her head as she walked away, breaking into a slight jog as the elevator door began to close "Hold it, please!" A hand reached out, keeping the doors open just as she arrived and Haley breathed out a smile as she stepped inside, coming to stand beside them "Thanks."

But as the elevator door shut and her gaze met those in the reflection of the shiny door she gasped, tripping back into the wall before he turned. Darren Wilden. The man grinned "What's the matter, Hales? You look like you've seen a ghost."

Her eyes darted to the door but it was too late as they began moving down the levels and there were 5 more floor's before she could escape. Swallowing down the bubble of fear, Haley exhaled shakily and looked at him "W-where have you been?"

"Fishing." his head titled "Or at least that's what my lieutenant thinks. You know, Hales, I always knew your mom was protective but I didn't have her pegged as murderous."

"She's not, you're still alive aren't you?" she gritted out.

Darren nodded as he stepped towards her, caging her into the corner "That's true but not for a lack of trying on your moms part, huh? So, unless you want my stolen car report to turn into a witch hunt for mama Marin, I think you and I are gonna need to put aside our difference and get back together."

"Differences?" Haley spat "You knocked up my 15 year old friend."

His nostrils flared "That little bitch said she was 17."