KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE

...

HANNA stared into the mirror inside her locker with a deep frown, scrutinising each side of her reflection before finally she decided she needed a second opinion. The blonde let out a huff before spinning to face her friends as they waited for the younger Marin to grab her books "Okay. I need to ask you guys something. And I need you to be totally honest with me."

Aria frowned in concern "Of course."

Hanna took a deep breath "Is this side of my face fatter than this side?"

"No."
"Yes." All eyes shot to Haley's who's widened "What? It is! She said be honest."

The Montgomery girl let out a chuckle before her eyes moved down the hall "Is that Ian?"

"Yeah. I hear he's the new field hockey coach." Emily told the group.

Haley looked to Spencer "Does Melissa know he's back?"

"I don't know why she broke up with him." Hanna mused.

"She didn't." Spencer sighed deeply "He broke up with her."

"Hey." The group attentions turned to the petite raven haired girl grinning at them "The first one's for my bestie's. And one for each of you, my bestie's other friends."

"Oh, what's this?" Aria hesitated as she looked over the meticulously decorated piece of card handed to her.

"Oh, nothing." Mona chirped "Only an invitation to the most awesome birthday party ever, Camp Mona."

"Camp Mona?"

The Vanderwaal girl waved a hand "Don't let the camping part scare you. It's 'glamping,' not camping. M is for Mona and massages, not mosquitoes." She gasped as she spotted a pair of friends up ahead "Oh, Naomi, Riley, hey, wait up."

Spencer scoffed once the girl was out of hearing shot "Why is Mona inviting us to her birthday party?"

Hanna shrugged "She knows that we're friends again and she's just trying to reach out to you."

"She's trying to be nice." Haley added in defence.

The blonde nodded, raising an hopeful eyebrow "So are you gonna go?"

"I know she's your friend, but..."

Aria nodded in agreement with Spencer "Yeah, but I'm gonna have to pass. I got this—"