REALITY BITES ME

...

HALEY'S eyebrows furrowed deeper the more she read over the piece of paper in her hand depicting the details of Byron Montgomery's affair "Wait, A seriously sent this to your mom?"

Aria sighed as she sipped her coffee beside the Marin girl on Spencer's sofa while the rest congregated around the kitchen island "It's so messed up."

"You know it's not your fault, right?" Emily questioned "It's your dad's mistake, totally."

Aria shook her head "No, it is my fault."

"You did not hook up with her and then ask your kid to cover for you." Spencer was stern as she prepared breakfast.

"Ali said I should've told my mom right after it happened."

The rest of the girls shared a surprised look before Haley asked the questioned on all of their minds "Alison knew?"

"Yeah, she was with me."

Spencer frowned "So Alison saw this Meredith person?"

"Meredith?" Hanna was in disbelief "Her name's Meredith? Ew. That's not even a cute girl name. I'm seeing big pores and mousy roots."

Spencer shot her a look "Han, I think it's a little too soon to joke."

"I'm sorry." Hanna scoffed lightly "But if you're gonna cheat you might as well do it with someone who deep conditions her hair occasionally."

"Here." Spencer set a bagel in front of the girl "Put something in your mouth besides your foot."

Hanna sighed as she swivelled to face a saddened Aria "Look I'm sorry, okay? All I'm saying is that when our dad left, laughing sometimes helped. So did crying."

"And ice cream." Haley added, lips pursed.

Aria shook her head "My father hasn't left, guys. I mean this happened over a year ago."

Haley sighed softly "But to your mom, it happened yesterday."

Aria's eyes widened as she looked from the Marin girl to her silent friends "You think he's gonna leave?"

"Look, whatever happens, we're here for you." Emily reassured.

Spencer looked between them "Thank you guys for staying here. I couldn't have been here alone."