Prequel

No one's POV

    There was a little boy named Izuku Midoriya. He is three years old, one month before his birthday until he turns four, and he was talking with his best friend, Katsuki Bakugou. They were hanging out at the park as they were talking about being heroes when they grow up.

Katsuki: " I'm going to be the number one hero while you are going to be my number two."

Izuku: "We never know Kacchan, we have yet to find out what my quirk is yet."

Katsuki: "Whatever it is, I bet you won't be more powerful than me"

They both laugh at each other as they were arguing who was going to be the next number one hero. An hour had passed and their moms told them that it was time to leave. They both said their goodbyes to each other as they split ways to return home.

Izuku's POV

I was excited for my birthday to come to find out what my quirk was. As I was holding my mother's hand as we were walking home, I asked her:

Izuku:" Mom, do you think I'll get a powerful quirk like Kacchan."

Inko *chuckles*: "Who knows sweetie, all I know is that no matter what happens, you'll always be my little sunshine."

I hugged my mother's side to show how much I love her for her words of encouragement. As we entered our apartment I was sleeping in my mother's arms as I was tired out from the walk and hanging out with Kacchan. She placed me in my room, as she tucked me into bed and kissed my forehead good night. I dreamed of becoming the number one hero as I saved people with my quirk, as I received cheers from the people for my heroic deeds.

~~~~ 1 month time skip ~~~~

Today was my birthday, I set my alarm really early too excited to find out what my quirk would be. I jumped out of my bed and ran out of my room into the kitchen where my mom was where she was making breakfast.

Inko: "Looks like somebody is excited about their birthday."

As I shook my head vigorously as I yelled out in excitement for today was the big day when I find out what my quirk would be. My mom shook her head.

Inko *laughs*: "The appointment won't happen for a few more hours, so it looks like you have to be a bit more patient sweetie. Now go take a seat as I finish making breakfast, today we are having your favorite, katsudon."

I rushed to my seat and climbed up my chair in excitement. As my mom served the dish, she gave me a kiss on the forehead as she told me "Happy birthday, Sweetie". I gave her a hug before she took her seat.

Izuku: "Itadakimasu" as I gobbled up my breakfast.

As soon as I was done, I rushed to the tv, turning on the news seeing that they were covering a piece on All Might, the number one hero and my idol. I sat in silence as I was excited to see the channel talking about him. They talked about All Might for about an hour, as I take a look at the clock, I realized that I still had two more hours until the appointment. I began flipping through channels seeing if there were any more news about heroes, as I unconsciously analyzed their actions, thinking of better ways to improve their tactics in any way.

Izuku: " Endeavor seems to rely on his flames a lot, if he learns some physical skills and had a cooling agent on him, he would be able to use his quirk more and he would be even more of a menace, but it still won't be enough to beat All Might."

Time passed and my mom told me it was time to get ready, I got dressed and grabbed my All Might figure as I rushed towards the door where my mom was waiting for me. We then arrived at the hospital as we waited for my name to be called.

Nurse: " Izuku Midoriya, the doctor is now waiting for you."

I jumped out of my seat as my mom took my hand as she led me to the doctor. They took many tests and now it was time for my results.

Doctor: "Ms.Midoriya, what would happen to be your and husband's quirk."

Inko: " Well I have telekinesis, but only with small objects, while my husband's quirk allows him to breathe fire."

Doctor: "I see, well I'm sorry to say this, but it seems your son is quirkless."

I sat there in shock as I dropped my All Might figure, unable to process what he just said. The doctor then pulled up an x-ray of my foot.

Doctor: "As you can see here, those with quirks typically have their joints in their pinky toe as one, but with him, it still shows him having it as two joints, so we are led to believe that he is quirkless, among the 20% of the population."

I was so shocked by the news that I didn't realize that we were at home. My mom gave me my All Might figure for when I dropped it at the hospital. I ran to my room in tears as I pulled up All Might's debut in order to make me feel better.  My mom entered my room asking me if I was ok. I turn my head in her direction while pointing at my screen.

Izuku: " Can I still be a hero like him?"

She ran towards me and hugged me saying that she was sorry. I felt something break within me as she said those words, she didn't believe I could be a hero. The next day, I hung out with Kacchan as we headed to the park. As I was walking behind him, he asked me:

Katsuki: "Hey, your birthday passed yesterday, so what's your quirk? I doubt it's better than my quirk."

I told him that I was quirkless, then he stopped in front of me. While still looking forward, he then asked me if I still wanted to be a hero. I happily said yes, but as soon as I said that, I saw his body shake a bit, I was then met with an explosion to the face. I fell down on my butt as I looked up and saw the anger on his face.

Katsuki: " Don't try to be a hero, you're a useless nobody, you won't even be fit as my sidekick, you're worthless, you're nothing but a Deku."

He then stomped off as I felt my mind break, my mom didn't believe in me, and now my best friend discarded me as useless. I felt walls crumbling within me, but I also felt a new determination as those walls were breaking, I was going to prove everyone wrong, I was determined to be the first quirkless hero.

Author's Note: Hello there readers, this is my first time writing, and I apologize if there were any errors within my writing and also sorry for the repetitive events, but I still wanted a way to set up Izuku for the story to progress. I will try to post once a week during the weekends, but no promises. Please feel free to comment on your thoughts on each chapter since feedback helps me progress as a better writer. There won't be any planned ships in this story, that doesn't mean there won't be in the future, but for now, there won't be. Thank you for reading my story