Chapter 104: Preparing

Izuku's POV:

I was about to turn off the screen of the UCS until I heard Yaoyorozu-san asking me to save her, which left me both confused and stunned. I was left questioning as to why she was calling for my name. I let the UCS continue playing while I listened to what she had to say.

Momo: "If he were here, he would be able to identify how to escape from here, like he did when I heard about the incident at the exhibit." which I saw a subtle smile on her face, but it slowly turned into dejection, "But why did he have to betray me like that?" she cried out as I could hear the pain in her voice.

I was left leaning against the wall while I watched the entire thing. My hair was blocking my eyesight as I looked down, feeling penitence for what I had done. I then looked back up as my eyes were full of determination to atone for what I did. If I can't get the police or heroes to help, I would have to do it myself.

I first had to come up with a plan in order to save her. Fighting my way through didn't seem a probable idea since there is a low chance of me succeeding. I then heard a small rattle on the ground as it sounded like it started rolling. I looked at the source of the noise to see that it was the vial of smoke bombs I had, which slowly got me thinking of how I can get Yaoyorozu-san out safely.

I picked up everything I had and shoved them inside of my backpack as I then rushed for the nearest train station. I was planning to pick up my glasses at home so I could see what the drones see and even the glasses themselves allow me to see things in low visibility. Afterward, I would head straight to Daichi's place to pick up a few of my creations that would seem useful in this situation.

When I got home, luckily mom was not there, so I ran straight to my room as I then emptied out everything that was inside of my bag, leaving the UCS and the vial of smoke bombs inside. I propped up a fake body-shaped figure underneath the blankets just in case mom came home earlier than me. I then picked up my glasses and dashed out of my room for my next destination.

I was slightly out of breath from running around so much but when I arrived at the front door of Daichi's house, I repeatedly rang the doorbell until someone answered.

Hiro: "Who's messing with the door-?" he said, annoyed until he saw me panting, "Midoriya-sama? Why are you so late?" he questions.

I didn't have much time to explain; I ran right past him as I headed for the garage. I looked for the drawer with the extra pellets I made for testing as I then started putting them in vials and putting them in my backpack before I rushed past Suzuki-san, giving him confused look for why I was in and out of there so quickly.

I pulled up the distance between me and the drones on the UCS and calculated how long it would take me to get to her. It was around 6:00 pm and it said it would take roughly two and a half hours to get there, meaning it would be nighttime. So I ran as fast I could go and pulled up the schedules for what transportations were coming.

No one's POV:

Meanwhile, at the warehouse where Momo was locked in, Akane was busy trying to hack into the drone's mainframe and possibly trace back the source of where it's coming from. During this, Hiroto was holding her by the shoulders to keep invisibility on both of them so they wouldn't get caught by the drones.

Hiroto: "I'm surprised it's taking you this long to crack into a drone." he says in a monotone voice.

Akane: "Whenever I get through the first firewall on the drone, there is a 10-minute reset that takes me back to the first firewall and the coding for the firewall has been changed." she said as she was concentrating on her laptop.

Hiroto understood how advanced the security must be since he knew Akane from childhood and the only time she had a hard time cracking into a server was when she was trying to access government files, which only took a week for her to access.

He then heard the leader of the group yelling for them, wondering where they were.

Hiroto: "Should I go tell him?"

Akane: "No. Although I'm not able to access them, the perimeter I set up can detect where the drones are. There are no blind spots for us to have a conversation with him. So maintain invisibility. If we're caught on camera, they can trace back our origins and find the organization." she said in a serious tone as she continued trying to figure out a way around the firewall, which Hiroto nodded to and let the leader be.

The leader continued for about 5 minutes, searching for them until he gave up and started cursing at them for how they claim to be his boss but refuse to do any work for them. Instead, he checked up on Momo, only to see her crying on the ground. He chose to ignore her since it wasn't his duty to cheer her up and it was only to get the demands from her parents, so he went back to his group to do some gambling.

A few hours passed by and somewhere in the night, Izuku was on top of a rooftop as he was wearing the glasses, the UCS, and a backpack. He searched up the blueprints for the warehouse when he was on the train to look for any exits and entrances that he may have missed with his drones. Once he had confirmed a safe entrance/exit point in the building, he commenced the mission to save Momo.