Chapter 48: Shopping with Mei

Izuku's POV:

It was finally Friday. I had finished school, did my training, and now it was time to meet up with Mei. As I walked up to our meeting place, I noticed that Mei didn't bring any of her babies.

Izuku: "What happened? Where are your babies?" as I began scanning the area to search for any boxes that may have her babies.

Mei: "I need to buy some stuff for my babies and I figured I bring you along as well."

Without voicing my own opinion, she grabs my arm and starts pulling me out of the forest. She dragged me to the train station and had me sit next to her as she retained her normal look.

Izuku: "So why am I being brought along?" as I leaned forward and turned to her.

Mei: "My classmates always talk about how fun it is going out with friends, and seeing how I needed to go shopping, I figured I might as well use this opportunity to see what they're talking about."

Stunned by her answer since she only cares about her babies, and even at this moment, she still does, but she is also learning to explore friendship, which made me smile as she admits that we're friends. Through the months we have met up, she only refers to me as Muscles and treats me like a companion or partner, so it was nice to see that sees me as a friend as well.

Izuku: "Oh right, I need to ask you. I read the invitation, where it gives the place and time, but I'm not sure how to dress since I'm not sure where we are going."

Mei:  "Just dress casual. The place is going to be a surprise for you. My parents already paid for the tickets so we'll pick you up at the spot."

Izuku: "Will there be anyone else?" as I was curious who else I'll be meeting. She remained quiet for a moment until she said:

Mei: "No, it's just you, me, and my parents."

I was curious as to why there wasn't going to be anyone else but I decided to keep quiet since it didn't feel right to ask her seeing as how she was hesitant in answering my question. We then waited in the car until Mei heard the stop she wanted to get off on and pulled me out of my seat and out of the train cart. She kept on dragging me through the city until we reached a mall.

Mei: "Here we are!"

Izuku: "This place has what you need for your babies?" as I expected to go to a hardware store or auto parts store, not a mall.

Mei: "Mhm. This place has a store that sells circuit boards and the likes. The only store in the area that sells the model types I need for my babies. Let's go check it out." as she then drags me into the mall.

We passed by many different stores, none of them really catching my attention. That is until I saw a poster that was selling limited edition All Might merch. I had a good amount of All Might merch for people to call me a fanboy but I never stopped buying his merch since he was my idol.

Izuku: "Hey Mei, can we make a quick stop. I want to see what that store has." as I pointed at the store with the promotion poster.

Mei stopped and took a quick glance at what I was pointing at. It was evident on her face that she was debating whether we should go or not.

Mei: "Sure. But after that, we will head straight to where I want to go."

I nodded as I turned to the store as my face glowed. I had jolted straight to the store as I was overwhelmed by the sheer amount of All Might Merch the store had. The store had other hero merchandise, like Endeavour and Crismon Riot, but I was only focused on All Might. I quickly went to the aisle that had nothing but All Might merch as I was taking in the sight of seeing it. I thought that this was heaven since it felt like a dream to be surrounded by All Might.

Mei: "Jeez Muscles, you sure do love All Might." I turned around to see Mei checking out an All Might mug before placing it back on the shelf.

Izuku: "Of course. All Might is amazing. He saves everyone with a smile and really inspires others to become heroes. He was the main reason why I wanted to become a hero." I then reminisce about the time when I first saw All Might and his debut video.

I haven't really gotten to talk with others about All Might since most of them just ignore me or make fun of me, Daichi and Ichika seemed to have no interest in All Might, the topic of All Might was never brought up by Yaoyorozu, so I felt no need to bring it up myself, and Mei mostly cares about her babies, which I find it odd that she is letting me go inside the store I wanted to go before hers.

Mei: "Hey Muscles! Isn't that the thing on the poster outside?" I quickly turn around to see a few boxes left of the limited edition All Might figurine with his voice recorded into it.

I quickly jolted towards it as I then picked up one of the boxes to admire the figurine since I have gotten it in my hands.

Mei: "Glad you found what you were looking for, but you still need to go ahead to the checkout." I nodded to her as we then headed to the register. I pulled out my card that had some of my savings from my job and allowance. The cashier bagged and handed it to me, which made me be filled with joy as I hugged the figurine while exiting the store.

Mei: "Great, now let's head to-" she then turned forward to see a group of kids who were talking with each other. One of the kids noticed her and pointed it out to their friends.

MC(Mei's Classmate) #5: "Look, it's freaky Hatsume." this caught the attention of the other kids as they all looked at Mei.

I looked over at Mei to see if she knew them, but her normal facial expression dropped as she then looked afraid of them. The group of kids then walked over to us as they all had a smug look on their faces.

Izuku: 'This can't be good' I thought