Chapter 34: Gift Searching Pt. 2

Daichi's POV

I was on my way home after saying goodbye to grandpa. I try to relax my muscles in the areas where they were the sorest. Over the years, grandpa has intensified my training due to the limited time that I see him for, but it's also thanks to his training that my quirk has been honed enough to be used in an actual fight, as well as without it.

I'm getting closer to my goal each year, I just need to wait until I am near the age of junior high for me to be even closer to it, I really have to thank Izuku for all that he has done.

While I was in my own thoughts, the driver parked in front of my house before I realized it. I got out of the car and sent my driver home. I entered my house, expecting to see Ichika in front of the television and Izuku waiting for me while he does something strange, but when I opened the door, I noticed that the house was silent. I walked into the living room to see what's going on, but I see Suzuki sitting in his chair as he drinks his tea while reading a book. He takes notice of me and folds the page he is on before closing it. He gets up from his chair and bows to greet me.

Hiro: "Glad to see you are back safely young master."

Daichi: "Glad to see you too." I say as I walk up from behind the couch and drop my bag on top of it while still looking at Suzuki.

I then hear a loud thud and a groan right after. I looked over the couch to see Izuku lying down as he was unconscious. I look back at Suzuki while I point at Izuku.

Daichi: "Let me guess, Ichika?" I ask him, to which he nods in confirmation.

I just sigh as I shake my head. This always happens whenever Izuku says something that upsets Ichika. He is always unconscious on the couch whenever he sustains too many injuries from school or from Ichika, I'm just glad it's the latter rather than the former. I took a whiff of the air as I smelled that dinner was done.

Daichi: "Ooh, that smells great. What are we having for dinner?" I asked excitedly.

Hiro: "We are having fried rice, young master. I have already given the young misses' portion at the front door of her room as I would assume that she won't be joining us tonight."

I quickly run over to the dinner table as I wait for Suzuki to serve dinner. Although I had a quick snack at grandpa's place before I came here, grandpa only has simple ingredients, so his food platter isn't extensive, so I was excited to eat Suzuki's dinner since his meals are to die for. He gave me a platter of fried rice that was still steaming.

Daichi: "Itadakimasu!" I yelled out before I started digging in. "Mmmmm," I say as the flavor spreads throughout my tastebuds.

I look over to see Suzuki smile before he returns to his seat and resumes reading his book while drinking tea.

Izuku's POV

I felt a surge of pain on my stomach and later another hit on my stomach which just added to the pain that was already there. I slowly opened my eyelids as I tried to look at what was on my stomach, that's when I saw a familiar bag on top of me. I picked the bag off me and set it to the ground. I then heard loud chewing in the background and turned around to see what was going on. I see that Daichi is back and is already eating dinner. My stomach starts to growl as I had nothing to eat since lunch at work, so I slowly got up and walked over to the dinner table where a plate and utensils were already set up for me.

Daichi: "Glad to see that you are awake." he says while still chomping down on the fried rice.

I took my seat without saying anything as I grabbed a serving of the fried rice and ate quietly as I was still aching from Ichika's earlier punch.