45-Embarkation

Not Edited

Not Edited

Third's POV

Running is Haruki's worst nightmare. She really hates running with a lifelong passion, however, she has no choice right now but to run. They have to find Pekoms as soon as possible since he will be their excellent guide towards Big Mom's controlled territory. But after vicariously experiencing the critical happenings a while ago, all of them failed to thinks of Pekoms and his condition. He was all alone in the medical room, without someone on his back. Now, Haruki and Luffy need to find him fast and hoped that he is not way more hurt than before.

"Hey! Pekomamushi!" Luffy shouted, putting his hands on the side of his mouth.

"Melons!" Haruki shouted beside Luffy, looking really tired after all those running with Luffy while heavily breathing, moving her shapely shoulders up and down. Haruki wanted to take a rest as she really leaves Luffy behind without him noticing that she stopped for a while and gathered a huge amount of air. "I'm exhausted!" Haruki groaned, slumping her back on a large tree while fanning herself with her hands, cooling off. She wanted to drink water right now but she did not bring any water with her.

Haruki decided to take a rest for five minutes before she'll go back to Luffy and Pekoms's whereabouts. Let's all just pray that Haruki won't get lost. Haruki looked at the local birds, waiting for their mother to feed them with some nutritious food, hungriness growing more within them. A soft smile slowly rose from Haruki's face, enjoying and at the same time felt sad at the scene.

"I wonder if my family is still alive......" she whispered into the thin air as her smile vanished completely from her face. She was contended that she has her pops and her brothers who love her deeply, inside and out, but Haruki wanted to know at least who are her real parents, wanting to know if they really love her as their innocent child, wanting to know what it feels like to have a family with the same blood. And most importantly, she wanted to know the exact reason why did they abandon her when she was a weak and fragile infant, surviving days and nights just to get towards Whitebeard's ship.

Out of nowhere, Haruki slapped both of her cheeks with the palm of her hands, shutting her eyes completely and not even minding the stinging situation brought to her swollen and red cheeks, throbbing pain in there. Haruki opened her eyes while furrowing her expressive eyebrows.

"I should not think of that right now. I need to find Luffy and Pekoms." she muttered and began walking towards the direction where Luffy had run off to, not noticing that Haruki was not beside him. "What matters is that I still have my family and friends. My identity will not matter to me right now." Haruki said with seriousness evident in her eyes, showing solemnity through her words.

Haruki keeps on walking, instead of running, enjoying the freshening breeze of the grand air that touches her flawless skin and flickering light that shows vivid images through Haruki's eyes. She does not know where her feet were taking her as she relies on it, heartily hoping that she went in the direction where Pekoms is. After meaningful minutes of walking in the endless path for Haruki, she arrived at the place where they first met Pekoms and Nekomamushi, other than them, they all met the Guardians.