55-Frustration

Note: Beware of the time transition

Not Edited

Third's POV

Whole Cake Island- Sweet City (The time Haruki was still with Katakuri in the mochi-mochi house)

As Brook and Pedro finally arrived at the capital of Whole Cake Island, something caught their attention right away. Most of the townspeople there were holding and reading newly published newspapers and based on the look on their faces, it seems that today's headline must be serious and grave. 

"Boss Jimbei betrayed?!" 

"This happened between him and Mama yesterday?"

"Boss Jimbei was sure cool when he stopped Mama's tantrum."

"He blustered that he wanted to leave her crew, but he got scared of paying the price and backed down!"

"Yeah? That's pathetic!"

The townspeople have different reactions and thoughts based on the news they've read. They laughed loudly and even called Jimbei a loser, calling him a coward and nothing but a traitor to Big Mom's subordinate. Their only job is to judge something they aren't even sure if it is a fact or fraud. Everything in this world has its own story. They are this type of people who are afraid to turn their backs against Big Mom because of the fact that they would not even dare to fight her nor strong enough to fight one of the Yonko. 

One man even said that Jimbei did not even know that he will get benefits from being one of Big Mom's subordinates and his title "First Son of the Sea" is nothing but useless already. They've lost respect for Jimbei because of his decision of leaving her crew. In short, they are very quick to judge as if they really know the whole story.  

If Haruki heard that, she'll probably slap all of their faces one by one because they deserve it. 

Brook and Pedro heard everything they've spotted about Jimbei as if they've already forgotten everything that he did to save the Sweet City from Big Mom's tantrum. As if they could even stop her. Not even her son can stop her. 

Pedro was glaring thousand of daggers at them for laughing loudly and mocking Jimbei like trash. Though Brook behind him has this serious look plastered on his face as he was so worried about Jimbei. He knew that Jimbei will join their crew once he will take care of something very important, but he was not sure that he was working and following big Mom and her crew. That's a piece of big news he heard today. 

"Jimbei-san, I didn't know you were working under Big Mom. That's why the Fish-Man Island was protected by Big Mom." Brook said inside his head as he was reading the headline for today's news. Pedro was the one who bought it so they are aware of the thing the townspeople are curious of.