Chapter 11 ~ Gwaine

Merlin opens the curtains in Arthur's room. Arthur was busy stretching.

"How's Gwaine?" Arthur asks.

"Recovering," Merlin replies. He walks over to the window and looks out. "Who's that?"

I walk over to him with Arthur behind me. I stop and look out the window; Arthur stands next to me.

"Ahh, Sir Darien. He's here for the melee," Arthur says.

I look at Merlin, and he rolls his eyes.

"Oh, yeah. The tournament where the knights ride around hitting each other with blunt weapons for no good reason," Merlin says.

I duck under Arthur's arm and walk over to Merlin.

"A little more to it than that," Arthur says.

"Really?" Merlin asks. "All I've ever seen is people getting the seven bells knocked out of them so the last man standing can be called the winner," 

"The melee is the ultimate test of strength and courage," Arthur says.

"Wait, are guys supposed to be talking about the same things?" I ask.

"Well, I wouldn't expect either of you to understand; you're not knights," Arthur says.

"Well, if it means we won't get clobbered 'round the head, I'm glad of it,"  Merlin says.

"That makes two of us," I say.

Merlin and I start walking away. 

"Ow!" Merlin says.

I hear something metal clang to the floor.

"I need that lot cleaned by noon," Arthur says.

Merlin holds his shoulder and glares at Arthur.

"I'll see you guys later," I say.

"Where are you going?" Arthur asks.

"I'm going to meet Julianna at the lower town," I say.

I walk down to the lower town and see Jules waiting for me.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," I say.

"Hey, don't worry," Jules smiles.

I walk over to her, and we start walking around the town, looking at the shops.

"Isn't that the guy from the tavern?" Jules asks.

"Yeah, his name is Gwaine," I say. "Just ignore him. I'm sure he's gonna ignore us anyway," 

We walk past him, and out the corner of my eye, I see him look at Jules; well, I think he was.

"I think these belong to you," I hear Gwaine's voice.

Jules and I stop and look back at Gwaine. He was holding two flowers, one purple and one white.

"Sorry, purple's not my colour," Jules says.

"Okay, but then this goes with the beautiful, Olivia," He puts the flower in my hair.

"Thank you, Gwaine. I'm sorry to run, but I have plans," I say.

"Yes, with me," Jules scolds.

"Yeah, but...uh... Arthur needs me to greet some knights. So, see you around," I say.

I turn and start walking away.

"No, no, Olivia, don't you dare leave me," Julianna hisses.

I turn and look at them and lift my arms, "Sorry, duty calls,"