Chapter 34 ~ A snooping Morgana

Much to my dismay, I had to work for Morgana today. She isn't in her room when I arrive in the morning. At least now I won't have to deal with her. I begin with the usual routine that Gwen showed me a while ago. After a while, I feel like someone is watching me. I spin around and see Morgana.

"Back to your usual sneaking about?" I ask sourly. "Why were you up so early anyway?"

"I couldn't sleep. I went for a walk." Morgana says.

"You mean you went snooping?" I ask.

"No," She stands staring at me.

"Did you want to change or something?" I ask.

"No. Have you spoken to Arthur recently?" 

"I was with him and Merlin yesterday while he was training. I was helping Merlin." I turn away, not wanting to talk to her.

"It must be hard."

"And why is that?" 

"Hiding your feelings for him." 

I turn and look at her. "Excuse me." 

She is standing close to me now.

"I know how you feel about Arthur and how he feels about you. You deny it."

"There is nothing to deny or confirm because non of what you're saying is true."

She grabs my hand. "It's a shame you can't be more open about your feelings for each other."

I jerk my hand away, "I'll be leaving now." 

I turn and walk out the door. She is plotting something, and whatever it is, it can't be good.

~.~.~.~

A while later, close to dinner, I almost crash into Merlin as he's carrying plates of food toward the hall for Arthur, Uther and Morgana, I would assume.

"Ah, Olivia, great timing. Could you please help me?" 

"Of course." I grab a few plates from Merlin and carry them to the hall. We start serving all of them. 

"What news from the northern borders?"  Uther asks.

I pour some wine into Uther's cup. I walk to Arthur and start pouring wine into his cup.

"There have been a number of minor skirmishes."

I hold the cup to steady it; as I move my hand down, Arthur's hand moves to grab the cup, our hand's touch. I quickly move my hand away, Arthur shoots his back.

"Do you think Odin is testing our defences?" Uther asks.

My eyes drift to Arthur. He is looking at me. I turn and start walking to the other side of the table.

"Arthur, are you listening?" Uther asks.

"What's that?" Arthur asks.

I hear a clatter. I turn and see Arthur's cup lying on the table and Uther standing. I glance back at Merlin. He tosses me a cloth; I begin drying up the water.

"What on earth is wrong with you?" Uther snaps. 

Arthur clears his throat. "Nothing. Sorry."

After they finish eating, Merlin and I walk out of the room. 

"What was going on in there?" Merlin asks.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," I state.

"Did you not see Arthur? He had no idea what to do around you."

"Please, you don't know what you're talking about," Before Merlin could object, I turn down the corner and quickly walk away toward Gaius's chambers.