Chapter 19 ~ Sidhe Princess

I searched the entire castle for Julianna, but she was nowhere to be found; I eventually gave up and found myself in front of Arthur's door. I knock gently.

The door opens, and Arthur was standing in the doorway. "Olivia."

"I'm sorry to just arrive here like this," I say.

Arthur gestures for me to come in. He walks to the window, and I close the door behind me.

"Everyones been talking about your marriage," I say. "I know it's not what you want, but you also can't always have what you want. Believe me; I know that better than anyone."

Arthur looks at me. "Is what I want really that insane?"

"Yes, from anyone's perspective, apart from yours and mine... and maybe my brothers, its completely insane." 

Arthur sighs and turns to me. "Then I'm happy being insane,"

"Me too," 

"I'm sure it's better than being miserable,"  Arthur states.

"She won't make you miserable," I say. "She has a good heart."

"As do you."

I look down and try to blink away the tears I felt coming. "It can't be."

"If I do it..." 

I look back up at him.

"If I marry her, what will you do?" 

"I will watch you become the king you were meant to be."

I see Arthur tearing up like me. I walk over to him and hug him.

(Imagine the guy/Francis is Arthur)

 I let go of him and walk out the door.

A while later, a big court meeting thing was being held. Arthur was standing in the middle; I was standing next to Gwen and Morgana. I look at the door and see Merlin walk into the room; I duck behind everyone and stand next to Merlin and Gaius.

"Please tell me you've fixed the potion. I have a very bad feeling about this." Merlin says.

"The witches of Merador are the worst recipe writers I've known," Gaius says.

"Gaius!" Merlin hisses.

"I'm working on it," Gaius says. "But we need to find the stamen of the dropwort flower. They're rarer than a four-leaf clover."

Elena walks into the room. She stops next to Arthur.

Merlin grabs my hand. I step closer to him and put my other hand on his arm.

"I'm honoured to be standing before you today in the presence of our dear friend Lord Godwyn and his wonderful daughter Elena," Arthur says.

Gaius looks back at me sympathetically. Does he know about my feelings...