Flower Gleam and Glow (Tom Riddle x Reader)

A/N: You are Y/N Potter, Harry's older sister (aged 18) and a Gryffindor. Some context for this one-shot: Y/N was there during the Battle of the Department of Mysteries. When Harry found the prophecy regarding Voldemort and himself, Y/N found another prophecy. This one regarding herself and Voldemort. Disclaimer: Rapanzuel's healing song is used in this one-shot. Disclaimer 2: This is terribly written because of the stress of AP exams. It's being published the day after I took my last one so...yeah. 

Third Person

"My name?", says Harry blankly. He steps forward. Not as tall as Ron, he has to crane his neck to read the yellowish label affixed to the shelf right beneath the dusty glass ball. In spidery writing is written a date of some sixteen years previously, and below that: S. P. T. to A. P. W. B. D. Dark Lord and (?) Harry Potter. Harry stares at it. 

 "What is it?", Ron asks, sounding unnerved, "What's your name doing down here?" He glances along at the other labels on that stretch of shelf. 

 "I'm not here", he says, sounding perplexed, "None of the rest of us are here..."

 "Harry, I don't think you should touch it", says Hermione sharply, as he stretches out his hand. 

 "Why not?", he says, "It's something to do with me, isn't it?" 

 "Don't, Harry", says Neville suddenly. Harry looks around at him. Neville's round face is shining slightly with sweat. He looks as though he could not take much more suspense.

 "It's got my name on", says Harry. He grabs it. Y/N sighs, shaking her head. She wanders away from the group, absentmindedly scanning the shelves of glass orbs. She freezes when she sees her name written on that, along with the name Tom Marvolo Riddle. Y/N looks around, before snatching up the orb. 

----Present Time----

Y/N's POV

"We thought you had gone to the forest", Ron mumbles.

"I'm going there now", Harry says walking down the stairs.

"Are you mad? No, you can't give yourself up to him!", Ron says, as he and Hermione walk down a few steps. I follow after them. 

"What is it Harry?", Hermione asks, "What is it you know?"

"There's a reason I can hear them, the Horcruxes. I think I've known for a while and I think you have too", he replies. Hermione, Ron, and I take a breath.

"I'll go with you!", Hermione says, choking back a sob.

"No, kill the snake! Kill the snake and then it's just him." Hermione hugs Harry and Ron steps towards them. Harry pulls away from Hermione and looks at them both. He then looks at me. 

"I love you, sis", Harry says, pulling me into a hug. 

"I love you too", I say, wrapping my arms around him. 

"I know", he says, smirking. I slap his back as he laughs. I pull back to look him in the eyes. 

"Remember Harry, don't kill him", I say, "Hold him down, bound him somehow. I'll take care of the rest." Harry nods and I turn around. I glance back at him one more time and walk away.

----Time Skip----

"Y/N HURRY!", yells Harry, "I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER I CAN HOLD HIM!!" Voldemort thrashes violently against Harry. The idiot could have used Petrificus Totalus or Stupefy but okay.  I walk forward and stand only two feet away from them. I point my wand at Voldemort's heart as gold light surrounds us:

 The light fades away and I stumble back. Draco (who was behind me) catches and steadies me. We all look up to find a tall, black-haired boy crumbled on the ground where Voldemort had fallen the minute the light had hit him. 

"What happened?", he asks. He looks up and our eyes meet. Draco squeezes me slightly as I smile at the boy. 

"Tom Riddle", I whisper.