Before You Go (James Sirius x Reader)

A/N: This is a little different than what I usually write. This one's a songfic (might be terrible). The song in this one-shot is Before You Go by Lewis Capaldi (Above). In this one-shot, you (the reader) committed suicide.

I fell by the wayside like everyone else

I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, but I was just kidding myself

Our every moment, I start to replace

'Cause now that they're gone, all I hear are the words that I needed to say

"Look at Malfoy", Fred says tilting his head to the girl in the corner.

"Weirdo she is", Molly mutters from her spot between James and Fred.

"I hate her", Fred says.

"Me too." The pair looks at James. James avoids their gazes.

"I hate her too", he mumbles. Unnoticed by them, Y/N Malfoy fights back tears. It's not her fault she's the first Malfoy in Gryffindor.

When you hurt under the surface

Like troubled water running cold

Well, time can heal, but this won't

"I'm sorry Y/N", James cries hugging the smaller girl, "I didn't mean it." Y/N shakes her head fighting tears again.

"It's fine James", she says, "I know you have your reputation to uphold." James sighs and presses a kiss to her forehead.

"You're my best friend. Don't you ever forget it."

So, before you go

Was there something I could've said to make your heart beat better?

Y/N stares at her reflection. Why did she have to look so much like her father?! She glances at the small knife she stole from the kitchen. It's not the right time.

If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather

So, before you go

Was there something I could've said to make it all stop hurting?

It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless

So, before you go

"Y/N, it doesn't matter! Whatever they say it doesn't matter!", Scorpius snaps looking up at his older sister.

"You don't understand Scorp", Y/N says pulling her knees into her chest, "No one understands."

"Tell James!"

"He would understand least of all."

Was never the right time, whenever you called

Went little by little by little until there was nothing at all

Our every moment, I start to replay