Don't Worry (Tom Riddle x Reader) Pt. 2

A/N: This is part 2 of Don't Worry. You are Y/N Potter (aged 15), the girl who lived. This takes place in your 5th year (Harry's 2nd). You are a Slytherin.

Previously

"Basilisk", Tom replies, poking me.

"Ouch Tom!"

"This is so weird."

"What are you talking about?", I ask.

"I can't touch anyone", Tom says, "I'm a memory. Everything I touch goes through me like a ghost. " I nod confused.

"How come I can touch you?", I ask, teasingly stroking his cheek. Tom leans into my touch.

"I have no idea but don't worry", he says, "I'll figure it out." I smile and he places a small kiss on the top of my head. 

Tom's POV

"Come on out, Y/N!", I yell, "It's not funny anymore!" I hear her giggles from the shadows. 

"You have to find me, Tommy!", she says. I groan and turn in the direction I  heard her voice from. 

"Come on, darling! I'm tired of this game", I whine. She giggles and I feel a pair of arms snake around my waist from behind. 

"You're such a softie", Y/N says, resting her forehead on my back. 

"And you're such a cutie." I turn around and wrap my arms around her. Footsteps approach us and Ginny appears. 

----Time Skip----

3rd Person

"Ginny, please wake up", Harry mutters desperately, shaking her. Ginny's head lolled hopelessly from side to side. 

"She won't wake", says a soft voice. Harry jumped and spun around on his knees. A tall, black-haired boy was leaning against the nearest pillar, watching. He was strangely blurred around the edges, as though Harry was looking at him through a misted window. But there was no mistaking him —

 "Tom — Tom Riddle?" Tom nods, not taking his eyes off Harry's face. 

"What d'you mean, she won't wake?", Harry says desperately, "She's not — she's not — ?"

"She's still alive", says Tom, "But only just." Harry stared at him. Tom Riddle had been at Hogwarts fifty years ago, yet here he stood, a weird, misty light shining about him, not a day older than sixteen.

 "Are you a ghost?" Harry says uncertainly. 

"A memory", says Tom quietly, "Preserved in a diary for fifty years." Tom talks and Harry listens, neither of them noticing the young women approaching them. She stays hidden in the shadows, watching the interactions between her brother and her 'best friend'. 

----Mini Time Skip----

 Y/N's POV

I hear Tom's hissing voice: "Kill him." The basilisk starts moving toward Harry.

"Tommy, stop it!", I yell, "You promised me, nothing would happen to Harry or Ginny!" Tom cringes before hissing, "Go back." The great snake turns around and slithers away. 

"Y/N!", Harry yells, running towards me. He throws himself into my arms and hugs me tightly. 

"Harry", I say, hugging him back. 

"I thought you died! Y/N, it's been 3 months!" I shushed him. 

"I'm sorry, Harry", I soothe, "But I'm okay." He nods and gives me one more squeeze. I gently pull away from him and whipped around to glare at Tom. 

"You lied to me!", I snap, "And you didn't tell me that you're the one who killed my parents! You never mentioned being Voldemort!" Tom flinches, his cold demeanor fading away. 

"Darling, I-"

"I don't want to hear it, Riddle!" His face falls. I don't call him anything other then Tommy. I turn and look back at Harry. 

"Why does he look so sad? Isn't he supposed to be evil?", Harry asks, "And why did he call you darling?"

"It doesn't matter anymore!", I snap, "He's nothing but a liar." 

"Come on, sweetheart! Are you just gonna pretend you don't love me?", Tom growls. 

"Love you?!", Harry shouts, "Why would she love the person who kidnapped her?!"

"It's loved, Riddle. LOVED!"

"Wait, hold on! Loved?! Y/N, that's Stockholm syndrome!" I sigh and ignore Harry. 

"Listen here, Riddle! You leave Ginny and Harry alone!"

"I can't do that, darling! I need Ginny's life to become real and I need your brother dead!"

"What about me? Are you going to kill me too?"

"Why would I? You're my Slytherin Queen", Tom says, looking at me lovingly. I try not to break. 

"You're forgetting something, Riddle."

"What?"

"I'm Y/N Potter, the Girl who Lived! If you're going to kill Harry, you have to kill me too!"