Relations

Katara gasped for a breath as she broke through water with her feet unable to touch anything, she cried out when a wave crashed over her.

She fell under the water but grunted when she hit something under her and suddenly the water was gone as she ended up in the middle of the halls of the fire nation palace. She looked around wide eyes and turned around fully to see blood splattered against the wall.

She looked in the mirror at herself to see she was in a champagne color wedding dress that had blood on the bottom of the silks.

"Hello!?" Katara yelled in the dark halls as her body was trembling.

She ran outside seeing the sky was burn orange and smoke made it seem like clouds, the smell of something terrible burning surrounded her. Was she to late?

"Katara!" Her brothers voice called out for her.

"Sokka?" She whispered confused.

"Katara!"

"Zuko?!" Katara heard his voice more panicked as she ran towards the voices as she found herself in the royal gardens.

But she saw a body by the pond with no turtle ducks anymore, the water was full of blood as she went to the body. Tears burned her eyes not ready to see who is was. Was it her brother? Her father?

She knelt down to the bloodied body as a sword was loosely in their grasp as they laid on their back. Tears started to fall down her face as she saw who it was. Blood was everywhere she couldn't even see where it was coming from. They weren't moving, he wasn't breathing. She was to late.

Katara felt a sob rip from her throat as she felt someone shake her awake.

"Hey, kat, it's okay,"

She looked up wide eyes seeing Zuko who looked terrified holding her wrists. She hiccuped another cry wrapping her arms around him shaking.

"It's okay, it was just a dream, you're okay," Zuko didn't ask what happened as he held her tightly in his arms letting her cry.

"You were dead, I heard you and I was to late, I'm sorry I'm sorry," Katara buried her face in his shoulder as he rubbed her back gently.

"I'm fine, I'm perfectly fine, it was a dream," he assured her.

Katara sniffled trying to get herself together as she curled against him not wanting to let go yet. How did she even get to this point in her life that she would be finding comfort in him. That she had a nightmare of his death...

"Wanna tell me what happened? I'll get you a water," Zuko grabbed the blanket to wrap around her shoulders as he slowly let go to get her a drink from the pitcher of water.

"It was just a bad dream," Katara sighed a little as he handed her a cup.

"I get it, especially being here," Zuko sat on the ground in front of her.

"Do you get nightmares?" She asked.

"Yea, or I don't remember," he nodded leaning against the bed next to her knees.

"Can You tell me what about?" Katara held the cup to her lips. Her nightmare sounded stupid from what she could remember.

"I use to have some of drowning when I was traveling, that there was a bad storm and I would've never gotten to go home, then when I found Aang it was being forced to fight him and one of us being forced to kill the other, I use to get night terrors when my mom died," Zuko listed with a shrug.