Handled trust

Katara woke up in her room alone as she knew smeller bee and long shot were going to be executed. Zuko said he'd have a plan but maybe he was going to let them be killed... after everything they tried to hide the people that wanted him dead, all that work. She almost wished that they'd let jet get caught.

"Am I really suppose to hide in here till next week? What is next week?" Suki was sleeping on the ground as she heard Katara get out of bed to get ready for the execution.

"Uhh my brother is going to be in town," Katara hummed a little. "But it's only Zuko and I that know so Shh,"

"Do you love him? The prince of the nation that ruined the world? Our homes? I know about the southern raids, kyoshi island is closer than you think," Suki pulled her hair half up as Katara combed out her long hair.

"I didn't for a long time, I was forced to marry some monster who was the first born of the fire lord, who took the worlds only hope for peace, the avatar, I hated him for the war and the pain in my family, but... I love him, he's a good person and is strangely really good with kids," Katara smiled at her softly with blush on her cheeks.

"When I heard about you I was disgusted, i knew it was arranged so when I joined the freedom fighters for the mission it was to rescue you but then I saw you and the prince as friends or lovers it was almost like you betrayed the world, to join the fire nation," Suki crossed her arms as she glared at Katara a little.

"Zuko isn't like his father," Katara defended.

"Then why is he selling two kids out for the execution?" Suki spat.

"Because they tried to kill him, the guy that actually stabbed him got of easy, but we can't win every time," Katara scoffed giving up.

"You defend him over everything don't you? Your perfect prince can't do any wrong," Suki waved her off as Kataras jaw dropped.

"Because he's not the villain," she hissed back.

Suki held her scowl for a moment but sighed shrugging and nodded.

"I suppose... the avatar said to trust him, and meeting the prince face to face for the first time... he could've thrown me to the wolves too," Suki tilted her head to the side.

"But smeller bee and long shots deaths just doesn't sit right, Jet was the leader and he abandoned them," she looked at Katara.

"We gave him multiple chances to leave with you all, that's not on Zuko," the water bender shook her head.

"So your okay with them being executed?" Suki hummed.

"No! But we can't do anything about it without the fire lord thinking we're acting on treason for hiding them," Katara snapped at her.

"We're already on thin ice, my fault, but still," she put her hands on the dresser with a quirked brow.

"Just stay here and act like a servant, I'll be back soon," Katara sighed as she put her hair up in a bun and put a long gold stick through her hair to keep it up as she grabbed a dress to change into as Suki went to the private bathroom for her to change.

She waited and heard Katara leave and let out a long sigh.

Katara almost bumped into Azula when she closed the door behind her and squeaked surprised.

"Stay out of my way," Azula snapped.

"Good morning to you too," Katara rolled her eyes.

"Shut up," Azula spat and started banging on zukos door like a madman.

"Open the door Zuko!" Azula screamed.

Zuko opened the door with his hair in a mess and sleep in his eyes, he slowly blinked at his sister confused.

"What?" He grumbled.

"The assassins escaped," she snarled.

"What?" Kataras eyes widen shocked.

"The two earth kingdom peasants! They escaped!" Azula raised her voice as Zuko covered his ears.

"What do you mean they escaped? How?" Zuko waved her down to stop the yelling.

"A guard was knocked out and the cell was empty! They're fucking gone," Azula turned and kicked a hole in the wall behind her.

"Fathers furious, and if we don't find them soon then he'll have both our heads," she looked back at her brother glaring darkly.

"But it's not our fault, he can't blame every failure on us, the guard should've stopped them," Zuko rubbed his face confused and frustrated with the situation.

"That's what I said but he's already pissed at you for yesterday," Azulas eye twitched in rage.

"I'll be there in a minute let me get dressed," he sighed softly and his sister turned and stormed down the hall still in a rage.

Katara gulped a little as Zuko ran a hand through his hair calmly watching Azula disappear around the corner. She looked at him wide eyes confused and he had a small smirk.

"Told you to trust me, I had it handled, stay here till I come back," he winked at his wife and closed the door.

Katara slowly backed into her room and turned to Suki wide eyes still comprehending what happened.

"So.." Katara started.

"He has it handled..?" Suki asked slowly, hearing everything that happened outside the door.

"He has it handled," she nodded slowly.

"So I guess they won't die?" Katara blinked.

"Does that gain any trust?" She smiled hopeful.