Snakes

"Aw you look lovely dear," an old woman cooed as she had a twin sister that was fixing her hair with other servant girls giggling at her.

"Her eyes are so weird, blue is such an ugly color of eyes," Katara heard a girl giggle behind her.

"And with those red clothes? And I thought her hair was weird by itself," another snickered.

"Shut your mouths girls, you treat this one with respect, she isn't a servant," the old woman, Lo, looked back at the girls sharply.

"She will be your queen," the other twin, Li, smiled taking Kataras smooth dark hands.

"Go take a look dear, you look beautiful," Li nodded kindly and Katara sighed standing up as she went to the mirror.

She covered her mouth as she barely could recognize herself. There, she wore a red top that wrapped around her chest as her torso was open for anyone to see while it only had one strap holding it up as well as a red skirt with brown baggy pants that ended below her knees. She didn't put on shoes but she looked at the gold cuff bracelets on her wrist as well as a gold ring around her biceps. She looked at her hair in disgust as it was out of the normal braid as she immediately missed her hair loops due to them being replaced by them being separated and tied over her shoulders with half of her thick hair up in a fire nation bun.

"Who am I?" She whispered.

"I know it's a bit of a shock dear but we tried to find more comfortable clothes than a tight silky robe," Lo touched her arm as Li smiled behind her.

"The red really makes your eyes pop! And with that flawless skin, woooow and I thought I look good in pink since red wasn't really my thing," a girl skipped in and Katara saw a girl around her age with long braided brown hair with paler skin with brown eyes.

"I'm ty lee, Azula friend, I heard about you and Zuko, I bet mai is pissed about it," she beamed brightly as Katara was a little overwhelmed.

"Um-I-I... What?" Katara blinked confused.

"You are super pretty though, totally jealous of your hair," ty lee touched her hair. "Oh fluffy!"

"Um thanks, I'm Katara," she laughed a little at the excited girl.

"Mind if I steal her?" Ty lee looked at Lo and Li.

"I'm sure that'll be fine," Li smiled.

"Come on I gotta show you around," ty lee grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the room.

"Whoa whoa whoa, hold on," Katara gasped pulling back but accidentally crashed into some soldiers as well as a man.

"Hey Zuko, hows training?" Ty lee smiled and Kataras eyes widened jumping away seeing Zuko with some guards as his hair was down and he had on a long brown shirt tucked in with a belt around his waist with red pants and boots.

"Sorry," she whispered seeing guards glare at her.

"Careful who you bump into waterbender," a soldier snarled.

"Commander," Zuko barked at him. "Watch it,"

"My apologies," he scoffed walking away taking his men with him.

"Your a waterbender?" Zuko looked at her interested.

"Well you two have lots of things to talk about," ty lee winked and Zuko glared at her unamused.

"Careful with azulas friends," Zuko said to her and Katara looked at him confused.

"Why? She's nicer than most people here," Katara scoffed at him.

"Because she's like Azula in some ways, just happier, and as a friend of Azula she can be snake like," Zuko crossed his arms.

Katara looked at him as he raised an eye brow at her.

"Did you need something Katara?" He asked and she glared.

"Don't say my name like that," she frowned.

"Then I'll take it as a no," Zuko nodded walking away.

"I know who you are," Katara sighed crossing her arms.

"It's not that hard to figure out," he stopped and looked at her.

"The brutal, cruel prince that captured the avatar, after being banished, I don't get why people were so afraid of you... your just some kid scared in his own home, I see the way you look at your dad, not even with love for him, your just a coward," Katara spat walking up to him with a glare.

"If that's what you think, the quote not judging a book by its cover seems overrated anyways," he looked down at her.

"Cause I haven't ever heard a thing about you, Katara of the southern water tribe," Zuko had a cold look in his eyes looking at her getting annoyed.

"What are you mad? You gonna hit me?" Katara challenged.

"Cause I'm mad too, so maybe that'll be the only thing we have in common Prince Zuko, go ahead, take your best hit," she smirked opening her arms as Zuko kept his arms crossed.

But he turned around and walked away.

"I'm allowed to be mad! You don't know what it's like to be ripped from your home for some ridiculous reason!" Katara yelled at him with rage in her eyes as angry tears weld up.

"Like I said, not judging a book by is cover is overrated... and I don't hit women," Zuko said not looking at her as he kept running.

"Your a jerk!" She stomped her foot down.

"And your crazy," he smirked over his shoulder his shoulder and opened the door to his room and closed it behind him.

Katara was shaking in rage as she glared harshly at the door that went into zukos room. Wishing she could go in there and give him a good punch. But instead she felt the tears trail down her face staring at the red door with gold. As that's all she was surrounded by.

And she hated it all.