Voice

"You mentioned something with the avatar, he's not dead?" Katara asked as she was in her normal fire nation clothes as they walked outside to get to the next hall.

"No," Zuko said flatly.

"Do I get to meet him?" She smiled excitedly. She always wanted to know more about the avatar.

"No,"

Kataras smile dropped.

"Wait... he's a prisoner isn't he? Please tell me you don't hurt him," Katara stopped immediately in her tracks and Zuko turned to her.

"No..." he sighed crossing his arms.

"Do you regret ever capturing him?" She narrowed her eyes.

"No," Zuko challenged her as he had a stern expression.

"Is that all you fucking say?! No!" Katara snapped.

"Show some empathy so I know I'm not marrying a monster!" She cried out and Zuko pursed his lips.

"The wedding wasn't my choice either, so maybe you are," Zuko crossed his arms and Katara frowned.

"Then why am I here?" She hissed.

"My father knows it... that I don't enjoy it," Zuko sighed shaking his head.

"At least as fire lord I could do something for my country," he turned and walked away.

"What does that even mean?" Katara gripped his shoulder and turned him back to her.

"None of your business, I don't even know you, I'm not telling you anything," Zuko snarled back at her.

"Careful, you know I'm such a monster with such a temper," he huffed with steam coming from his nose backing away. Kataras eyes widen.

"You disgust me," she spat.

"Understatement," Zuko glared.

"Excuse me?" Katara growled.

"Look there's not much insults that can be still thrown at me and hurt," he sighed blowing hair out of his face.

"Oh your so cool cause you have no feelings, knock off the damn tough act," Katara twitched in anger.

"What you want me to cry? I haven't cried in a long time princess, good luck," Zuko waved her off and she snarled at him and used the fountain near by to freeze his feet to the ground.

"What the fu-" "you don't get to tear me from my home and just leave me alone in some strange place! Your people-your nation has taken everything from me! Don't prove me right!" Katara hit his shoulder with tears in her eyes.

"I agree,"

She looked up at him with wide eyes as he held no emotion.

"Something happened... your not always like this... your to young to know trauma to have nothing in your soul," Katara shook her head and Zuko bit his lip but let a smirk pass his pale lips.

"You seem smart enough to figure it out, your never to young for trauma," Zuko hummed a little and Katara saw the ice melt from his feet and zukos feet steaming a little.

"Is that how you got that scar?" She asked bluntly and she swore she could hear his breath stop.

"Yea..." he whispered as his heart beat hard against his chest. For everyone the scar was normal, it was his identity, no one remembers him without it... But Kataras new, She never had a face for the prince, but his face was different than she probably imagined.