Storms

Katara gasped as the boat rocked harshly in the middle of the night with the sound of thunder on the outside. She looked out the window seeing there was a large storm they had to go through as the halls were quiet. Katara inhaled deeply closing her eyes as she pulled her knees to her chest as she listened to the storm. She wasn't completely use to rain, the pole was always to cold for rain, it's always been snow and the fire nation didn't rain often either. Rain felt new and different, but she kept in mind it was water, water couldn't hurt her.

Lightning flashed outside of the window and a large crash of thunder made her jump. A scream escaped her lips hearing men yelling outside as there was commands with metal clanking as well.

"Z-zuko?" She whispered getting up as she grabbed a red robe that ended at her knees to hide the blue dress under.

She opened the door as she saw people at the end of the hall. Suddenly zuko ran out of his room pulling his boots on.

"What's going on?" She grabbed his arm as Zuko looked at her.

"Storm, making sure no one goes over board," zuko told her with a stern nod. "Stay in your room, if it gets bad I'll get you,"

Zuko ran down the hall as soon as he hit deck he was practically soaked by rain as men where making sure the ship stayed intact as he could see the inside of the main panel there was struggle as well.

"Prince zuko these waves are to strong!" A man shouted.

"Stay on corse!" Zuko barks back.

"Prince zuko!" The Captain yelled as the prince turned to him.

"We are in the middle of the sea! We stay on corse!" Zuko roared but a crack of lightning flashed across the sky above the ship.

"Everyone stay inside and away from the engine room!" Zuko commanded but there was a shout of surprise when there was another crack of lightning but instead it hit the boat.

"Prince Zuko! Captain! The system is down!" A man ran out.

"Son of a bitch," he growled running back inside of the ship. As soon as he ran through the door to the shelter he wiped his hair back to see as he realized how soaked his clothes were. The hall was pitch black making him slow down but lit a small flame in his hand to give him enough light.

"Katara?!" He called trying to find the room.

"Zuko what happened?" Katara walked out with a candle down the hall.

"Lightning struck the ship, come on," zuko held out his hand and Katara walked past him with the candle in hand as for zuko to follow.

The engaged royals walked out as zuko walked in front of his fiancé as Katara held onto his shirt barely able to see past the thick sheets of rain with water splashing over the side of the ship.

"LOOK OUT!" Someone in the distance as Katara gasped seeing a large wave about to crash over the two.

She put up her hands in defense and the wave crashed on them but water didn't touch them. The water crashed around them as it flooded off the ship behind them.

"Prince zuko! Princess Katara are you alright?!" The captain cried out as Katara cling onto zuko as she pushed her wet hair out of her face.

"We're fine, get her to the safety," zuko lead Katara to the captain.

"No I can help," Katara ripped herself from their grip.

"I saw, she has strength," the captain nodded.

"You stay in my sight, be careful," zuko told her sternly but they gasped from the lightning that was closer.

"Get everyone inside and stay on corse!" Zuko barked letting go of katara as he let Katara lead as she focused on her bending to push the water on the metal floor of the ship out and used it to shield them from the rain.

"Get somewhere safe and don't below deck," Katara made sure everyone was inside but cried out when a wave slammed against the ship and made it rock harshly, knocking her down.

Katara looked up seeing half of zukos body hanging over the edge of the other side of the ship where the wave hit. She gasped seeing waves big as ice bergs rising in the sea and looked back at the prince, not understanding why he wouldn't get back up.

"Zuko!" She cried out running over but couldn't hear another mans cry from that direction.

She ran to the side and saw the captain was over the side but zuko had both his hands gripping the captains wrist with an iron grip, Katara could see it was slipping from the rain.

"Help me pull him back up!" Zuko yelled over at her as the captain had fear in his eyes.

One of zukos hands slipped free as the two men grasped each other's hands with the captains life on the line, if Zuko let go he'd be dead.

Katara focused on the sea with determination and brought both her hands up like she was lifting to bring up a large amount of water to shove the captain onto the ship making both men fell against the ground but they both were safe again.

"Are you okay?" Katara ran to the captain as he panted relieved.

"Thank you my lady," the captain grunted getting up as Zuko was on one knee and looked up at the sky.

"We need to get inside," Zuko rasped as his thick black hair was in his face, quickly leading the two inside seeing no one else was out.

He wasn't going to loose anyone on this trip.