Future

"So did you kill the avatar?" Sokka sat next to Zuko as they waited for the girls to come back. Both were very uncomfortable.

"No," Zuko poured himself some tea.

"Did you kill that guy that was captured when you killed the avatar?" Sokka asked again.

"No? Who?" Zuko sent him a look.

"That general guy, everyone says you killed them," Sokka shrugged.

"I've never killed anyone, the avatar is alive and that was my uncle," Zuko sighed.

Katara said her brother was an idiot but Zuko didn't know he was an absolute moron...

"Then why are you friends with the northern water tribe?" He questioned.

"I'm allies with them, my father is not, I'm friends with Yue and master pakku is friends with my uncle, I earned the chiefs respect," Zuko sipped his tea after making sure it was cooled. There was silence after that.

"How'd you get that scar?" Sokka asked and Zuko choked harshly on his drink.

The girls walked in with Zuko coughing as Sokka was screaming frantically trying to get him water as Zuko cussed at him as well.

"What happened?" Katara sighed crossing her arms as Yue took a seat.

"I killed your fiancé!" Sokka cried out.

"No he's still breathing," she sighed disappointedly and Zuko looked at her with a glare as he coughed into his hand.

"Don't ask people those questions you dumb ass!" He barked at the man as Sokka jumped away.

"Anyways," Yue set her cup down loud enough to catch their attention.

"Each one of us in this room is the future for each of our countries, as next chief, next fire lord and lady, and ambassador, we all will be playing a part as leaders for our people in the next few years, I think it'd be smart to start sooner rather than later, especially with Zuko and Kataras wedding," Yue looked at them calmly as food was brought out to them by two other servants.

"She's right, I don't get much of a say for my country until I am fire lord, my father doesn't know about my plans after him but I do plan on bringing my people out of this war, and I know I can't do it alone," Zuko nodded seriously as Katara glanced at him then her brother to read their expressions.

"Doesnt the fire nation want to kill us? Rule the world? Evil shit?" Sokka raised a brow.

"My father and sister yea," he shrugged.

"I was banished for three years from my home, I've seen the trauma we've caused and the destruction, and there's no excuse for it," Zuko sighed as he felt embarrassed and ashamed for what this war has costed him, everyone.

"Water and fire are opposites, I think that would be a start to peace if the world can see the alliance between us," he offered to the two first borns as Sokka processed it.

"So your going behind the fire lords back?" Sokka asked.

"Yea that's one way to explain it, I don't agree with him," Zuko nodded.

"Did you know about this?" He whispered to his sister.

"Not this much," Katara crossed her arms a little.

"Can we have your alliance for the future fire lord?" Yue asked gently at the other man.

"What would you need my alliance for?" Sokka inhaled deeply as he clasped his hands together on the table.

"When Katara and I wed, I'm going to challenge my father to an Agni kai for the throne, if I had both water tribes as back up in case the duel... doesnt go according to plan, you would take the fire nation down," Zuko gulped a little as Katara looked at him confused.

"What do you mean? Is it to the death?" Katara asked softly.

"No, but knowing my father, he wouldn't spare me, and if he did he would throw me in a prison for treason," Zuko said without looking at her and kept a calm complexion.

"You want us to take down your own country?" Sokka breathed.

"Not so much take down, but to over throw the fire lord," Yue cut in.

"Yea and how do we do that? Who would be fire lord then? Throwing the fire nation into anarchy-" "I'm freeing the avatar on the day of black sun, as well as my uncle, my uncle has the right of the first born to be fire lord, and the avatar will help you," Zuko cut Sokka off and gave him a scroll.

"I have it planned out, I have the order of the white lotus to help the avatar, my uncle and master pakku and I are apart of it, they already know," he said as Sokka opened the scroll seeing battle plans.

"Can I trust you with this?" Zuko asked sternly as Sokka read a little.

"Yes, you have my word," Sokka nodded seriously.

"Zuko," Katara took a deep breath. "Can I talk to you in private?"

He nodded and stood as the forced couple left the room.

"Why does this seem like youll already lose the Agni kai?" Katara asked as Zuko closed the door.

"I probably will, my fathers more skilled than I am and more ruthless," he crossed his arms.

"Yet Your planning for a battle that you can't even be there for?" She narrowed her eyes.

"It's better than preparing for if I win, then having nothing for when I don't," he explained gently.

"I'm overestimating," Zuko said.

"So what about me then?" Katara gulped nervously knowing she wouldn't be given much mercy for being his fiancé and an outcast.

"Your the one that's going to leave with aang, if your here they might kill you too," Zuko told her quietly.

"But what if you need a healer?"

"They won't allow that nor will you have time too,"

"Your not doing it alone, that's just dumb,"

"Your not staying,"

"I'm not going to just let you die!"

"Why do you care?!" Zuko finally lost his temper as he snapped at her.

"Why does it matter?! If I die then I die! I am putting my life on the line for my people and if I die then that's what happens!" He raised his voice but didn't back down.

"Last time I checked, you don't care, I'm a horrible person right? Then you'll fucking leave with the avatar and get the hell out of there," he sneered in her face and Katara pursed her lips.

"Your not... horrible..." she crossed her arms a little and he looked confused.

"I didn't know you when I said those things," Katara huffed a little and looked at him in the eyes with no fear of his rage.

"But I know your a better man than your father, and your probably what the fire nation needs, and if we're married, then I'm staying by your side at the Agni kai, I'm not seeing your die then the world fall apart," she poked his chest sternly.

"So start fucking thinking about how your going to win than your fucking death you psycho," Katara barked back as Zuko was now surprised.

"Let's go dumb ass," she grabbed the front of his shirt to pull him back like a dog as Zuko was dumbfounded by what just happened.