Answers

Katara hit and yelled as Zuko as he dragged her out of the prison and roughly let go as she stumbled to her knees with a grunt.

"Don't man handle me!" She snapped turning back to him as Zuko had his arms crossed with a glare.

"Why were you spying on me?" Zuko hissed back.

"Cause you leave every morning! I don't know what the hell you could be doing! How the hell am I suppose to know?" Katara defended and he stormed past her.

"Zuko wait!" She cried out running after him.

"Just leave me alone," Zuko waved her off with a glare.

"Wait I'm sorry I didn't know," Katara grabbed his shoulder and Zuko turned to her sharply.

"What do you want Katara?" He snapped.

"I-I..." She gulped with wide eyes. She stared at his scar with wide eyes.

"Why is your uncle in prison? What where you..."  she trailed off and zukos glare darkened.

"That's none of your business," he spat.

"Zuko please, tell me," she said softly. His face didn't soften.

"I don't bother you of your family so stay out of mine," he glared but Katara didn't back down.

"You want to leave the fire nation, it seems like it's not the first time either, I wonder if Azula knows..." Katara sighed flatly as he turned to her with anger glaring up.

"Don't say anything! Azula or my father find out I talk to my uncle they'll kill him!" Zuko shouted at her and Katara gasped backing away.

Zuko sighed running a hand through his hair as Katara hugged her chest looking down.

"Look, we come from different families which is pretty obvious," Zuko pursed his lips as Katara glanced at him.

"My uncle means a lot to me, just don't say anything and I'll get you whatever you want," he looked at her pleadingly with his worried gold eyes.

"Anything?" Katara raised an eye brow.

"Yes,"

"Alright I want two things, nothing big," she smiled a little.

"Consider it done, what are they?" Zuko nodded relieved.

"My brother gets to stay for a few days," she put her hands on her hips.

"I can work something out," Zuko agreed.

"And I want to come with you tomorrow on your 'morning walks'," Katara motioned to the prison behind her. Zuko was more hesitant but after a few moments he finally nodded with a sigh.

"Deal," he gulped and went to walk back to the palace.

"So who's bumi and Piandao?" Katara asked walking next to him.

"Friends of my uncle," Zuko said flatly not looking at her.

"Bumi is the king of omashu and piandao is my swords master teacher," Zuko answered just as Katara opened her mouth again.

"Earth king and a swords master, seems oddly unusual," Katara put her hands behind her back.

"Are you just going to ask questions the whole time?" Zuko asked annoyed.

"You want my mouth shut, but I want answers too, or I'll just ask you when we get back," she smirked as Zuko glared at her.

"Fine, my uncle is a elder of a secret community, he was once the dragon of the west," Zuko crossed his arms as they stopped again.

"Wait the dragon of the west tried taking down ba sing se... and you want to send him back?" Katara asked beyond confused.

"As a refugee, we have a lot of friends..." Zuko looked down a little as he knew he shouldn't be telling her this but she wouldn't shut up.

"Who else?" Katara asked.

"Pakku of the northern water tribe, jong jong who was an admiral of the fire nation... and I recently joined two years ago.." Zuko sighed rolling his eyes.

"Why? Your a prince?" Katara made a face.

"So was uncle but my father doesn't really care about family except azula," Zuko walked again as he seemed unamused.

"Yea I can tell he has a favorite," Katara scoffed under her breath. "Is that why your uncle favors you more?"

"My uncle and I have a complicated past, but ever since he lost his son and I was banished, he was a true father," Zuko sighed and Katara looked at him concerned.

"He lost his son?" Katara covered her mouth.

"It's the only reason why he didn't conquer ba sing se, his son was killed in a battle there and he retreated, many saw him as a coward for backing away," Zuko gulped a little frowning.

"That's not cowardly!  Your uncle was grieving for his child! How could anyone think that was shameful?!" Katara defended angrily and Zuko smiled at her a little.

"Same people who found speaking out of term to be disrespectful," he smirked.

"Well I can understand if it's for a bad reason," Katara scoffed.

"How about someone that's speaking out of term against a general who wanted to kill his own troops?" Zuko raised an eyebrow.

"Um well then that seems stupid to say that's disrespectful, god the fire nation is fucking stupid, your all so sensitive!" She threw her hands in the air walking ahead as Zuko smiled a little at her answer. She wasn't wrong, they we're a little sensitive.

If only he could say that to Azula and his father's face.

It made Zuko laugh to himself.