Sneaking

"Kat,"

"Kat~"

"Katara,"

The water bender woke up suddenly and felt a hand cover her mouth quickly before she yelled. She grabbed the wrist with a glare but paused seeing Zuko holding his finger up for her to keep quiet.

"What are you doing in my room in the middle of the night?" She hissed as Zuko took his hand back.

"Were you going to bite me?" He asked making a face.

"Yea? Why are you in my room?" Katara groaned sitting up and pushing her hair out of her face.

"I wanna go to the town, you interested?" Zuko opened the window and she saw the moon was still high, it might be even before midnight it seemed.

"What?" Katara rubbed her face trying to comprehend what he was saying.

"I can't sleep, do you want to come into town?" Zuko had on his casual clothes with a small hooded cloak in his hand and tossed her the second one.

"Why are you asking me this? You think I'm going to say yes?" Katara hissed as she caught the cloak.

"Cause you haven't told me no," Zuko smiled at her and jumped out her window.

Katara gasped running to the window and saw him wiping the leafs off him from the bush he landed on and gave his fiancé a thumbs up. Katara blushed a little as she pursed her lips.

She quickly threw on a strapless red dress that was flowy around her knees and grabbed her sandals on with the black cloak. Next thing she knew she was dropping through the window and was caught by strong arms.

"Look who decided to come," Zuko smirked at her and she got to her feet, adjusting her cloak around her shoulders.

"I wanted some fresh air," she hummed.

"Good, follow me," he grabbed her hand and she gasped when he tugged her along.

They ran through the gardens and Zuko let go of Kataras hand as he jump to pull himself up on a brach then jumped again to the top of the wall that surrounded the gardens. Katara looked up the eight foot wall but was surprised seeing a rope drop down to her, she smiled a little as she climbed up the wall with it as Zuko held her steady.

"Do you know where to go?" Katara bit back her smile as she met the prince on top of the wall and he made sure the rope was steady on the other side for them to climb back the other way.

"A little," Zuko shrugged as he slid down the rope.

"I've never been out of the palace I guess, give me a tour," Katara smirked as she landed next to him.

Katara gasped in awe at the golden lantern lit city as adults roamed the streets laughing and talking, some intoxicated late in the night.

She walked with Zuko as he seemed calm looking around as people where selling food or little items like jewelry and such. Katara looked  up at him curiously to see his reaction and smiled a little seeing him relaxed and a small grin on his lips.

"Come on, I'll get you some fire flakes, if the fire nations not known for its part in the war then it's definitely our food," Zuko went to a cart happily.

"What's so special about your food? Do you even have money or is it special treatment?" Katara snorted crossing her arms but saw Zuko pull out a small bag of coins to pay with.

"Our spices, it's my favorite part of being home is the spices," Zuko offered her after taking a small handful for himself.

"And the royal family doesn't come down town so no one knows who I am," he shrugged as Katara took two pieces to try. Her eyes immediately watered and started to cough violently.