Relief

Katara kissed him... Katara kissed him...

It's all Zuko could think about for the next few days, but he can't remember it happening! He didn't remember anything, when he woke up he was confused how he even got into Kataras room.

Did she... did she feel the same way?

Did he kiss her and she didn't want too?

Did he force-

Zuko sat up quickly wide eyes full of horror, he held back the nauseous feeling swarming his chest and forced himself up.

No no no he didn't do something stupid last night did he? If he did he'll never forgive himself for it.

"Kat? Katara?" Zuko called knocking on her door. She's been avoiding him, this couldn't be the reason why was it?

"Katara please open the door," he knocked frantically.

Silence.

"It's been days kat, come on I need to talk to you, please," he gulped, the door was unlocked but he wasn't going to barge in.

Zuko felt nauseous with guilt, he was starting to freak out at the silence. They talked but not about the other night. But she's kept her distance and he hated it.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I kissed you, if I did something, if I went to far crossing the line I need to know, I never want to make you feel uncomfortable or unsafe with me you know that," he looked down at his feet hoping she was willing to listen.

"I just need you to talk to me, I'm sorry if I forced myself on you or did something bad, I didn't mean it I am so sorry Katara," he closed his eyes resting his head against the door.

It was silence.

"If there's no one in there this is really embarrassing so please open the door so I know im not being dumb," Zuko groaned a little knocking softly again.

"You are being dumb,"

Zuko looked next to him seeing Katara with a tray with a tea pot and two tea cups.

"You think I'm mad at you because of the little kiss?" She smiled at him a little.

"I-I hope not mad but yea... upset..?" Zuko opened the door for her while she carried the tray.

"I'm not upset?" Katara laughed a little and motioned for him to come in.

"Then why are you avoiding me? Did I do something else?" Zuko left the door open. His heart was in his throat.

Katara blushed pouring two cups of tea for them. He set his hand on hers.

"Please tell me, anything I did that made you uncomfortable," he looked down at her concerned as Katara gulped a little.

"It was the first time I've kind of kissed anyone, you didn't make me uncomfortable I just had to process it," Katara sighed handing him a cup. Zukos eyes widen not taking the cup.

"Fuck, it wasn't even an actual kiss," she pursed her lips embarassed.

"I'm sorry," he whispered.

"Don't be, it's embarrassing that we're married and never even kissed," Katara shook her head as she set the tea cup down.

"I know," Zuko sighed agreeing.

"I do care about you though, a lot," he touched her shoulder gently.

"You kissed me more, our lips touched and you pushed into the kiss... is there a reason?" She looked up at him hopeful.