Defense

Zuko walked into his room taking off the vest he wore over his tunic and threw it to the side, he took his princes crown off and set it on his dresser, looking in the mirror calmly.

"Come on out Jet, I don't want to hurt you," Zuko sighed turning around, a moment went by and the door closed with Jet hiding behind it with a dagger.

"I learned my lesson last time, put it down," Zuko glared at him.

"What if the poor non bending servant needs to defend himself from the bad fire bending prince?" Jet held the blade tightly.

"If I wanted to kill you I would've by now, my sister and father are going to be rounding up servants and guards to find you," Zuko didn't feel threatened by the young soldier. He could see the fear in his eyes.

"Katara already warned you to leave, so tell me why your still here? Only reason I didn't tell the fire lord who you are is because I wanted to speak to you first before your killed," he crossed his arms leaning against the dresser.

"Do you have any idea what your people, your family has done? Who they've killed? Have you even have the slightest clue how much you've destroyed the world? You- you specifically for taking the avatar, the worlds only hope?" Jet raised the dagger to point at Zuko with hatred and rage in his face.

"I do," Zuko nodded.

"No you don't! You, your sister, your parents! I watched my home! My parents die in a fire right in front of me!" Jet snarled stepping closer.

"I believe it, this war has cost every single person, I'm sorry, I don't want to see blood anymore," Zuko stood straight.

"That's why Katara and I want you and whoever you've brought to leave, I don't want to beg you to save yourself Jet but if you die after this then it is your fault, this is your suicide," Zuko shook his head disappointed that it wasn't obvious.

"Unless you already knew that," he looked at the boy.

Jet was silent as his hand shook holding the blade still, directed at Zuko.

"I'm not helping you, I'm not going to beg you, but you've been warned, now get out," Zuko walked towards him with a dark look in his eyes.

"Youre no better than Ozai if I die," Jet gulped a little.

"You already tried to kill me, I've never attempted to kill anyone, your one step closer than I am," Zuko snatched the blade and kicked Jet back to the wall to create distance. Jet cried out a little fall against the wall as Zuko inspected his dagger.

"I don't like repeating myself, get the fuck out of my palace and off my land," Zuko stabbed the dagger into the wood of his dresser.

"Or what?" Jet hissed.

"I'll start with making you get out of my room," Zuko grabbed the front of his shirt and dragged Jet across the room.

"Let go! You fucking-" Jet whipped his leg up around zukos thigh and twisted to bring the prince down to the ground. Zuko grunted hitting his head against the floor but snapped his eyes open when Jet ran to the dagger.

"For agnis sake," Zuko growled and finally punched a fist of fire right where Jet was just about to grab.

Jet backed away from the dagger that had a scorch mark by it and looked back at Zuko wide eyes. He jumped out of the way when Zuko kicked a wave of fire at him and sprinted at the non bender.

He grabbed jets shirt and slammed him against the wall with a snarl. The brunette brought his knee up into zukos stomach and elbowed him in the jaw making the prince fall back a little when he felt like his jaw cracked. He looked up only for Jet to slam his fist into zukos face and round house kicked him down.

"You think your strong? I'm sure even if your wife had the chance she'd kill you too, no one is at your side, not your father, not your sister, not even kat, what are you fighting for?" Jet stood over him as Zuko felt his ears ringing and spit blood on the ground before getting back up.

"Can't a guy just enjoy fighting to fight?" Zuko rasped as he wiped the blood off his lip with his thumb.

He grinned a little looking at Jet.

Jet growled as he took a blade from the inside of his boot and swung down on the prince. Zuko blocked and grabbed the back of the hand that held the knife and slammed his forehead into jets nose.

"Should've listened to kat," Zuko snagged the knife and threw it to the side as it impaled the wall on the other side of the room.

"Listen to the whore that calls herself a master bender? No thanks," Jet held his nose with a long groan. Zuko grabbed the back of his hair and slammed him against the wall face first.

"Now I'm pissed," Zuko smiled darkly.

-

Katara knocked on zukos door with a tray with a tea pot and two cups, a servant told her Zuko was asking for her and wanted tea so she came about an hour later.

She wiggled the door but it was locked.

"Zuko? I got the tea?" Katara called. She heard the door unlock.

She rolled her eyes and opened it and closed the door behind. She turned back but gasped wide eyes seeing jet tied to zukos bed post with his hands behind him and rope tied around his ankles to his thighs so he sat on his knees. He glared at Katara with cloth wrapped around his mouth.

"Jet?" She gasped almost dropping the tray but Zuko caught it.

"Thanks," Zuko smiled innocently as he had dried blood from his mouth down his chin and a large bruise on his cheek. Jet on the other hand had blood running from his broken nose and blood dried on from a cut on his forehead as well as a swollen black eye.

"What the fuck you two?!"