Someone new

"Prince Zuko were approaching the northern water tribe," captain Jee walked into zukos room as he was putting on a little armor to keep his warm as Katara was making him tea.

"Take down our flag, they'll know it's not an invasion then," Zuko told him calmly as he kept his hair down and shoulder pads off to stay less intimidating for the tribes people.

"Yes sir, would you like your ship prepared?" Jee asked and Zuko nodded.

"Keep the crew on the ship but Katara and I will be going into the water tribe, they already don't like fire nation getting this close, I will respect their wishes," Zuko said calmly and Jee nodded closing the door behind him. As soon as the door was closed Zuko broke out into a harsh cough.

"Here, I'm not the best with tea but I put some medical herbs in there to help your immune system," Katara handed him a cup as Zuko thanked her before drinking it.

"After your twelve hour coma you seem to be doing better," Katara sipped her own cup as she left her hair down with two hair loops.

"I told you I'd be fine, I'm just not use to the cold," he sighed shaking his head.

"Katara... can you promise me something?" Zuko finished the tea and set it next to her as their eyes locked.

"I'm only asking one favor, please?" He knelt down to her to be level. He seemed serious.

"Depends," Katara sipped her tea suspiciously.

"What happens behind those walls of the North Pole, it stays there, my alliance with master pakku, the way we may be, who you see back there, it stays between us, that is why no one else is coming, Jee is the only one I trust to take care of the ship with me gone," he told her calmly as his gold eyes pierced into her soul.

"Please? Keep this away from my family," Zuko gulped.

"... okay,"

Zuko paddled in a side boat with Katara in the front as there was water benders watching them approached the wall.

"Is pakku with you?" Zuko called up as he pulled his hood down.

"Oh hey prince zuko!" One of the men waved back down and allowed the two to come in.

"They know you?" Kataras eyes widen as Zuko paddled them down a river as she gasped at the sight of the northern water tribe. It was beautiful.

"I told you I've been here before," Zuko smiled softly as he pulled forward to a dock on the side as people gathered around.

"Well well well, isn't it the prince of the fire nation," two older men and a young girl walked over to them as Zuko helped Katara out of the boat as it wasn't as stable with one person.

"Master pakku, chief arnook, princess Yue, nice to see you again," Zuko bowed respectfully to them as the young girl around their age walked up looking annoyed.

"You dare come back here and speak to me that way prince Zuko?" The white haired beauty barked getting close to Zuko as Kataras eyes widen worried.

"I apologize," Zuko smirked down at her.

"Yea I told you to stop calling me Princess," she replaced her harsh face with a kind smile as she hugged him around the shoulders.

"Good to see you yue, I'm sorry I missed your wedding," Zuko hugged her back gently as arnook walked over and patted his shoulder.

"How's your uncle?" Yue asked kindly as she held onto his shoulders when they let go of the embrace.

"He's hanging in there, how's your husband?" Zuko asked softly and she shrugged.

"Off to war," she sighed a little.

"So this is your fiancé? From my sister tribe," Yue smiled looking back at the shocked Katara.

"Yea, and pakkus student now," Zuko smiled back at the old man.

"I don't train women Zuko," pakku crossed his arms.

"You trained me?" Zuko made a face.

"I improved you," pakku said flatly.

"And you'll improve my betrothed, the last water bender of the southern tribe, you owe me," Zuko looked at him and coughed a little in his hand as Yue was immediately concerned.

"Did you get sick again? Zuko we need to get you to the healing hut again, last time you got sick up here you-" "Yue, please give him some space, he just got back," arnook pulled his daughter aside.

"Come, you must be hungry from your long tribe," the chief smiled at the two as Katara felt Zuko grab her hand to tug her along.

"Y-you said you had an alliance..." Katara whispered still shocked.

"Yea, the second time I came here we all got closer," Zuko looked back at her with a gentle look in his eyes. Like he felt more safe here than his actual home.

Katara felt like she just met someone knew, this wasn't the next in line for the throne, prince of the fire nation, the soldier she knew back in the palace. This was a boy who's reunited with kind people that made him feel at ease enough for him to hug another teen and smile and tease like a family. Knowing pakku and Zuko were part of the same secret society but to be friends with the royal family from the northern water tribe.

She met someone completely different than a month ago.